Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Can't see new colour profile window after upgrade to Pro+ 20.8.0.61047

I absolutely agree with Mike. I can't rely 100% on the screen, but good CMYK simulation and experience allows us to create graphics for printing without losing quality. Almost
    Thanks Garry for the screenshots. We can see that the difference between Xara's print simulation and output images is huge. What am I actually talking about. I have nothing to add. This does not work.colorProfile.xar
    Last edited by bb2; 02 March 2021 at 01:49 PM.

Default Re: Can't see new colour profile window after upgrade to Pro+ 20.8.0.61047

Quote Originally Posted by digitalphaser View Post
    I absolutely agree with Mike. I can't rely 100% on the screen, but good CMYK simulation and experience allows us to create graphics for printing without losing quality. Almost
    Thanks Garry for the screenshots. We can see that the difference between Xara's print simulation and output images is huge. What am I actually talking about. I have nothing to add. This does not work.
    Hi. Please can you check try disabling simulate print colors (window menu > show printer colors > screen colors ) and then checking if you see a difference on screen with CMYK colors when changing the profile? I'colorProfile.xar I've attached a file containing screen shots of several profiles with and without 'simulate print colors' enabled. A visual difference is seen on changing profiles when 'screen colors' is enabled.

Many thanks

colorProfile.xar

ok check

I, for one, was doing it wrong - should not have had simulate print colours active, thanks

also you can see how in colour editor, athough the sliders are in the same place, the 'hue' of the magenta slider has definately shifted

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	without simulate print colours.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	129037
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Sorry, I already uninstall PRO+ and I can not check it now. But I believe you and realized what I did not correctly. Although I find your way not logical.

If Xara does not have full color management and works only in RGB space, the use of the „Simulate Print Color“ button is quite reasonable.
    XDP cannot correctly interpret the CMYK files, especially from another software. Why then this quasi "automatic" preview?

I had missed reading that the simulate print color action was being used.

That choice shouldn't be in the application any longer. It has no use now.

and the help brought up to date and the manual too.. I shall not hold my breath ;(
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...