Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default New functions coming soon

Dear Xara team

I received an email last week (27 Jan 2021) telling me "New functions for XARA Designer Pro X are coming soon. Renew your Update Service today!"

Unfortunately details of what these new functions are or do, were not mentioned anywhere in the email itself.

If possible could you please provide further details, and specifically if the long awaited HiDPI capability is one of the new functions.

This will then help me decide whether to renew my 'update service today'.

Many thanks
    Jono
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Default Re: New functions coming soon

X2 on this I would like to know what I am getting before I buy in

let me see if I have got this clear jono... either:

1] - you use the features that are update service dependent, in which case you will be updating anyway
    2] - you don't, in which case you can happily wait until one of the promised features arrives when you can decide if you think it is worth uograding for
    3] - 1] does not apply but you upgrade anyway on the off chance, thereby shortening your window for future upgrades without paying again

... humm

but it was nice of them to let you know there will be upgrades, although this is promised anyway is it not
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I guess I’m just fed up of the empty marketing hype being pumped out.

My curiosity was piqued though when the term ‘function’ was used rather than ‘feature’. More marketing trickery I expect. Or perhaps not, if they don’t actually have any new features ‘coming soon’! Not a bad thing though if they could just polish up the ones they’ve already got.

I like your deductions. Xara knows what will make me renew my update service!
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Jonopen View Post
    I guess I’m just fed up of the empty marketing hype being pumped out.

My curiosity was piqued though when the term ‘function’ was used rather than ‘feature’. More marketing trickery I expect. Or perhaps not, if they don’t actually have any new features ‘coming soon’! Not a bad thing though if they could just polish up the ones they’ve already got.

I like your deductions. Xara knows what will make me renew my update service!
    Aren't we all, otherwise I agree.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

it's sort of like the local store saying we are getting in some cool new [unspecified] suff in the near [unspecified] future - give us your money now and we will let you know when it is ready....

of course marketeers probably don't see it that way Renew your Update Service today! is a slogan to them, and the point of the exercise pure and simple; what gets stuck in front of it could be anything
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I too been getting the nag screen. I think the new features would most likely be what the xara+ has already has. I too cant get excited to buy something that I have no clue what it has to offer.