Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picture Gallery

Default Picture Gallery

I am trying to find a component or widget to display many lines of picture to make a three column gallery ,but can not find one so far , I might not be using the correct search term any suggestions please.

An example from my weebly site link

Default Re: Picture Gallery

Which Xara product and its version are you working with?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Tony, It's quite simple to achieve this in Xara.

Import your photos into a Xara web page. Yours are 800px high.
    Resize all photos to 200px high.
    Reposition all into a 3 column grid.
    Select one of the photo's, Web Properties / Image Tab / TickCheck Pop-up photo/ set size to 800px
    Click Options / Select any options you require. OK
    Apply

It may help if you use Guides.

The attached has a centre highslide placeholder (purple rectangle top of page)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

@Egg, some are Portrait and all are framed.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

@ Acorn. Sorry not with you. In the supplied link all the images are landscape. ???
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Xara Web Designer Premium 17.1.0.60742

I am getting there , How do I do a bulk resize in Xara please

The method I use is to select all images. Alignment Centre/Centre. With the ratio locked resize to 200 px . then reposition as required. By the way if your using highslide DON'T optomise the photos.
    Egg

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    @ Acorn. Sorry not with you. In the supplied link all the images are landscape. ???
    Egg, you overlooked the very first one, https://mypolandtrips.weebly.com/upl...8571b_orig.jpg: 800 x 1071px.

Acorn

Tony,

Looking at your example https://mypolandtrips.weebly.com/201...ect-reise.html this has photos in 4:3 ratios, 3-columns that converge to a 2-column mobile format. Something like this: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/Photo-Template/.

Attached is a template that may help you get started; just pop your photos onto the layout, they will appear in the bitmap gallery thereafter, just drag and drop them on to the example grid. You will see that as you do, it replicates the photo in the mobile variant. You can of course add /extent the template. You can just delete the photos from your layout once they are in the bitmap gallery.

This is another example that explains the process a bit more, but for now I'd forget about the CSS extensions: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/Gallery/

Gary

Had not spotted the different size photo, but the principle is the same.
    Attached Files Attached Files