Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Viewport not set to "device-width"

Hi peeps

Have an issue with my website. Google checked my website and reported a couple of pages with the error: Viewport not set to "device-width"
    Its only on the mobile pages.

I have allowed the scale to fit, in the web export options page.
    I thought the program would take care of this setting after scale to fit was implemented, no idea how best to tackle this.

Default Re: Viewport not set to "device-width"

Ore,

I have had this problem also. I have Google recheck my site and they come back with the issue being resolved. However in a couple months you will get this report from Google again, so I just repeat having Google recheck.

Ray

I would ignore it.
    The viewport is set, Google just does not understand nested Variants.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks for the input, so google can lower your page score because they messed up, sounds about right
    Shame google is so powerful, they need bringing down a peg or six

Lightbulb Re: Viewport not set to "device-width"

Xara generates this:
    Code:
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
    That ticks my box.

For a punt, raise it with Xara and see how it responds.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat