Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Web preview has some pages shifted to side

Now using DP ver 17 for new website which looks fine within Xara but when viewing through website preview there are 2 pages which shift to the right of the screen. The other pages are centered ok. This happens when previewed in all browsers. How can I correct this?

Default Re: Web preview has some pages shifted to side

To date, every time this happens, it is down to malformed code in a Placeholder.

Unless we see the website or better the design file, it will be hard to identify.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I am having this problem with two of the pages and have checked the placeholder properties and compared them with the one for the index page but cannot see any differences. If I select a single page web preview then the selected page shows correctly centered. If full preview is selected then when clicking onto the page links on the index page two of the pages show shifted right.
    Cannot understand why the rightshifted pages show ok when selected in single page preview.
    I am attaching the Xara file which I had modified from the Xara template entitled ""hospitality_website. AS that original file previews correctly it is obvious that my changes made to text and pictures are causing the problem.
    Woukls appreciate your ideas on this please. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Phill, first thing I noted was that your xar file is a Presentation(Web) type. If you go into Utilities / Options / General Tab / Document Editing / Document Type / Chane to Web Document.

Then go to Page Size Tab / Document All Pages in Document the Same

This should fix your issues.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Here's the amended xar file.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Phill, first thing I noted was that your xar file is a Presentation(Web) type. If you go into Utilities / Options / General Tab / Document Editing / Document Type / Chane to Web Document.

Then go to Page Size Tab / Document All Pages in Document the Same

This should fix your issues.
    @Egg, unfortunately, there is a page named 'news' in the mobile variant which does not appear in the main variant which causes a problem when changing to a web doc.

Resolved by deleting the AWOL news page in the variant, changing the supersite to conventional, (which removes scale-to-fit-screen) and applying scale-to-fit-width. This base template is a very old Xara template. A few other gremlins in there too, which I have removed:

XAR rework attached.

Gary

EDIT: found the real problem with the offending page, recreated a new Guest Suite page, normal service resumed, I trust, with an updated XAR
    Last edited by Initiostar; 20 February 2021 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Found the AWOL page problem.

Wow, You guys are awesome, thanks so much for your help, it must have been around midnight in UK?
    I had tried changing to web doc & all files same, but I still got the righthand shift. I downloaded the changed files from both of you and each one previewed the way it should have.
    The file: xar hospitality_website_amended.xar I compared with the original after having made those suggested changes under options and settings matched with mine but mine still did not preview properly.
    Sorry to learn that template was old as it was part of the set which Magix offered for free with a paid update a few months ago.

Phil,

This is a clean XAR - you will have to check that the Navbar labels in the mobile and desktop variants match. The issue was that the mobile variant and desktop variant for the Guest Detail page had different file names (I'll not guess how).

Open the new XAR in the browser and squeeze to see the transition from desktop to mobile.

Gary

The interesting thing about this template is why it's saved as a presentation file. I can't see Phill doing this accidentally. It's also declared as a Presentation(Web) file. Looking through a few versions of Xara I can't find the option to save as such.
    Egg

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Sorry to learn that template was old as it was part of the set which Magix offered for free with a paid update a few months ago.
    this is typical Magix marketing, recycle old stuff as an incentive
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...