Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Serif Offer

Lightbulb Serif Offer

Nice one from Serif (Affinity):
    In response to the pandemic last year and as a way to lend some support to the creative community, we made a 90-day free trial available for the Mac and Windows versions of the whole Affinity suite, while also cutting the price of all of our apps, including iPad versions, by 50%.When those offers ended, it appeared things were getting better and we all hoped that by now the situation would have continued to improve. Sadly, it’s clear that the pandemic continues to have a serious impact and so we’ve decided to bring back these offers once again.
    Moreover, the free trials are available to everyone, including those who have previously completed one—so even if you used the free trial last year, you can do it again. There’s also 50% off content in the Affinity Store too.

The thoughts of all of us at Serif remain with everyone affected by this crisis. We wish you well.
    All the best,
    The Affinity Team
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Serif Offer

Class act.

the chance to trial a second time is a particularly shrewd move
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Web Designer Premium and Affinity Photo would probably be a good combination for a web designer?

Some time ago I purchased both Affinity Photo and Designer and tried to make sure both were backed up before reinstalling windows well needless to say all information was lost so contacted Serif and explain what happened they found where I had purchased Photo but could not find a record of Designer even though I had used the program as well as updated several times so having to ask they finally sent me the information to get Photo running again, oh well I think I purchased both on a package deal but I am still out the price of Designer. Well being a Xara man anyway that is no great loss plus I also have Inkscape if needed so I don't fret over it, it just bugs me that's all.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Larry, I am surprised this happened as their online account management system is very straightforward and upfront.

Maybe now is the time to buy or try Affinity Designer again for three months! I'm using it a fair bit at the moment, whilst waiting for Magix and Xara to align the Pro and Pro+ features (I think it might be some wait!)
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Jonopen View Post
    Larry, I am surprised this happened as their online account management system is very straightforward and upfront.

Maybe now is the time to buy or try Affinity Designer again for three months! I'm using it a fair bit at the moment, whilst waiting for Magix and Xara to align the Pro and Pro+ features (I think it might be some wait!)
    I was surprised too.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Serif’s software purchases (like most other software companies) are dependent on the email address used when first buying it.

To check, I’ve just had a quick search through my old emails using the search term ‘serif order’ and found the ones I received when I first bought my copies of Affinity Designer and Photo. If you haven’t done this, it might help to track down your original order confirmation emails. If not, maybe you could find the transaction on a bank statement. Good luck anyway.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

There are two ways to purchase Serif software. Directly from Serif and via the Windows Store app.

If one purchases direct, a record is kept and one can log into your account. In your account are both the license key and download links.

If one purchases via the Windows store, Serif cannot see those purchases--they do not have access to those records (same with Apple Store purchases). One then must log into the Windows Store to retrieve a new download. There is no license key for Windows Store purchases as they are tied to the Windows store account ID and one must log into the Windows Store using the same ID / log-in as the original purchase in order to reinstall.

If purchased direct from Serif, as Jono says, check your emails.