Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: CMYK Previewing and accurate CMYK Profiles coming to Designer Pro+

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-H View Post
    Thank you ernie-f that is really interesting and gives me plenty to experiment with!
    You're welcome.

Cheers Ernie

@ Ernie:
    Compliments for your website and homepage.

With all discussions about print, the Web is the medium that really counts at the moment. Your page is one of the best examples what a good program in the hands of a qualified person can achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    @ Ernie:
    Compliments for your website and homepage.

With all discussions about print, the Web is the medium that really counts at the moment. Your page is one of the best examples what a good program in the hands of a qualified person can achieve.
    Thank you for your kind words Michael.

I come from the classic commercial art school. I studied graphic design in the 1970's and after graduation trained as a typesetter, letterpress and ofset printer.
    Four years later I passed the examination to become an industrial foreman in printing.

I had nothing to do with web publishing in the beginning. That didn't come until Xara.

I think a website should be clearly structured and the viewer should be able to find his way around immediately. It should always come across as professional.
    This is the only way to convey information in a targeted manner. So far I have always tried to work this way no matter if web or print.

Servus Ernie

Ernie

What do you mean by:

1.) All images are judged in either Photoshop or Affinity Photo. There are also other image editing programs that support color management. Everything is left in the RGB profile.

What is judged?

Thanks
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    Ernie

What do you mean by:

1.) All images are judged in either Photoshop or Affinity Photo. There are also other image editing programs that support color management. Everything is left in the RGB profile.

What is judged?

Thanks
    Ray
    Not all photos are printable without editing. Most photos are either too contrasty, too dark/bright, or too dull.
    The pictures would not look good in print. If you then add the dot gain in printing, most photos become too dark or the depths have no more drawing.

In Affinity or Photoshop, I can simulate the view with the appropriate color profile (ICC) and know what to expect.

In general, photos should be slightly sharpened for offset printing to get nice crisp prints.

Thanks Ernie makes perfect sense now.

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    Thanks Ernie makes perfect sense now.

Ray
    You're welcome!