Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default White space under footer

I seem to be lurching from one problem to another!

I have a sub-folder of my main site which is password protected Members' Area. The main site pages are fine but I have just noticed that there is white space under the footer of the members' area section. As I have only just noticed, I don't know when the problem started and what I may have done to cause it.

I have found various suggestions for the cause of white space but I haven't been able to correct the problem.

Can anyone help please? I have attached a screen shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_2021-01-16_125459.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	128688  

Default Re: White space under footer

Is your page short and stubby? If the bottom of the page in Xara is shorter than the browser page height you will have the white space.

Not sure if the grey vertical bars are part of the design, but they extend beyond the end of the footer. This is pretty obvious, so I presume they have nothing to do with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Is your page short and stubby? If the bottom of the page in Xara is shorter than the browser page height you will have the white space.

Not sure if the grey vertical bars are part of the design, but they extend beyond the end of the footer. This is pretty obvious, so I presume they have nothing to do with anything.
    The attachment was a snip Chris so no, nothing to do with anything.

I don't think the pages are short and stubby. Page attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sample page.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	139.3 KB 
ID:	128689  

I seem to be lurching from one problem to another!
    How like life.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    How like life.
    Rather suggests one problem is solved before moving on to the next though so that's good news.

You could check you have not set all pages to be the same length (and this page is shorter than the rest).

Does this occur consistently or otherwise with other pages or just on the page you have highlighted?

You can copy the offending page(s) in a another document and post it here too.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    You could check you have not set all pages to be the same length (and this page is shorter than the rest).

Does this occur consistently or otherwise with other pages or just on the page you have highlighted?

You can copy the offending page(s) in a another document and post it here too.

Gary
    All the pages have the white space.

Maybe post two pages in a separate document and we can take a look. Is there anything you have done to the members section since you uploaded the full site?

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    Maybe post two pages in a separate document and we can take a look. Is there anything you have done to the members section since you uploaded the full site?
    Unfortunately I have been making a lot of changes recently although nothing I would consider tricky. Sorry, but what do you mean by posting two pages in a separate document (cue eye roll).

As you did before with the Highslide issue, create a new document, copy and paste a couple of pages from the members section into the new document, check you have the same issue, if so, upload the Xara design file here.