Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web Exports do not reflect changes

Hello Everybody,

This issue is pretty simple, but it has me stumped. I can not imagine why this would happen.

I have a basic "INDEX.HTM" and it will look fine in a "Preview Mode", "Browser Modes", and even after being "Published" to a web host. All is good there.

However, as I add elements to the "INDEX.HTM" page, (even something as simple as a single coloured square), none of the newer elements seem to be visible.

The newer elements are being saved, but will not appear in the "Preview Mode", "Browser Modes", or after being "Published" to a web host.
    • I have cleared the "Cached Images and Files" in each browser.
    • I've even deleted the files in my local directory as well as the files on my web host, and then replaced them.

It behaves as though the "Save", "Save As", and "Export" functions are not changing anything.

What am I missing?

Thank you,

Paul,

Default Re: Web Exports do not reflect changes

Have you tried Ctrl+F5 to refresh your browser cache?

Paul, check you are not adding the detail to a hidden layer or the MouseOver layer.

In the Page & Layer gallery, check which Layer is active/selected.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you, Boy and Acorn.

I have cleared my cache, and even cleared all of the browsing data. No change in display.

As for the MouseOver layer.
    When I import the animated gif, or even just add a new rectangle box, they are added to the MouseOver layer anyway.

I have only 4 layers anyway.
    MouseOver
    MouseOff
    Page Background
    Pasteboard

I have moved the objects to each of these layers, with no change in display.

I'm sure it would be a simple solution, but that sure evades me.

Thanks fellows,

Paul

Two other things to check.

1. Are you uploading the changes to the right folder on your web host's servers (usually something like /public_html/

2. Do the files on your current site have an .html extension and if so do your new changes have .htm extension? .html takes precedence over .htm and if the browser finds two index files, one .html and one .htm, even if the .htm are newer, the browser will load the .html version.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Bruneau View Post
    When I import the animated gif, or even just add a new rectangle box, they are added to the MouseOver layer anyway.
    Paul
    There's your problem. As Acorn stated above "check you're NOT adding objects to the MouseOver layer" Visible content should be on the MouseOff layer.

Select the objects you want visible and cut (ctrl+x)
    Select the MouseOff layer in the Page And Layer Gallery
    Paste the objects in place (ctrl+shift+v)