Hi,
I panicked again?

Tried to open the webfile in XDpro x 17 (not updated)

and to my surprise an error pop up said "that file seems to be empty"

I had opened this website file yesterday 13th Jan 2021 normal routine website updates as usual no problems.

Today or this morning however when i tried to open from recents and the error flagged up "that file seems to be empty"

i tried to open the file directly from Google Drive Sync same error message.

I immediately looked for a recent back up but only found one from 6th Jan 2021 so basically i lost 8 days of updates

I found the most recent back up from 6th Jan and renamed it and had to re-enter all the previous 8 days updates.

My auto backups are set for every 40 mins as this used to interfer at times when set to 10 mins.

Why does the file simply VANISH? /Empty - this has happened several times before and have asked about this in previous posts?

Last time this happened was after a microsoft update Win 10 Pro i had to reinstall the XDpro 17 and that was awkward as i didnt pay for the updated latest version and i was able to get an original copy otherwise it would have reverted back to pro x 16
and now have just had another win 10 pro update? why would the actual file just vanish?

Its mind boggling i have over 60 web website files stored in Drive sync folder how can i prevent any of them just becoming empty at any given random time? I am thinking its time to just pay up! get the Xara Designer pro + and just pay up every year hopefuly this will solve the problem.

Kind regards
Condor
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14 Jan 2021.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	128677