Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Unexpected behaviour, or just a plain bug ...

well locked or unlocked I don't think the handles should show... so I too am confused
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I should have been more specific: where I have an image and I select the Freehand tool, I see the object handles of the image, not the selection bounds handles (v17.0). When I use the Alt key in combination with the Freehand tool over that image, I get a straight-line as you would expect and I can connect a sequence of straight lines.

However, if I inadvertently press the Alt key out of sequence (and it may be my operator error here), the line does not appear. Where I lock the image, I have no issues drawing the lines over that image and when connected they form a shape - all works as expected.

So I'm sorry to say no help whatsoever to the OP and a learning curve for me!

boundary handles with my version 16 - but as soon as I start drawing [or lock] they disappear - but they are there all the time in the OP's video, and only two on the left, so are they not handles at all but part of the image, or are they indicative of something else we are not seeing?

T cannot reproduce this issue either....
    Nothing lasts forever...

PS the gallery thumbnail does not seem to be keeping up with the drawing to begin with at least, which also gets me wondering what else may be going on
    Nothing lasts forever...