Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Blue Print for a Stereogram

If I just stare and don't try to force anything, I see the pic below (which is virtually 100% accurate)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3d1.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	5.9 KB 
ID:	128756

The large border TG adds to the image doesn't help Jon. Try copy and pasting into a virgin Xara page. I find it best to move closer to my monitor i.e. 6 inches way, then stop focusing on the image but focus on the wall behind. The hard part is holding this focus when the 3D effect starts to come in. Your reaction is to refocus back again.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

For the first time ever, following your i.e. Egg I've managed to see the Stereogram, thank you.
    Gary Wow! Maybe now I can appreciate your hard work.

Yay Mick!!! My stereogram partner Gene Levine and I post a new image every day on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Eyetricks3DStereograms/

Chris - The other thing is this, it's not a contest. Relax and don't force it or fret that it is not working. It will happen.

In the mid 90s I knew about Magic Eye but I had never tried to see an image. At that time I was writing for several magazines, one was Publish Magazine. One of the editors had written a review of some very rudimentary stereogram software and had posted a small image. I must have looked and looked and looked at that image for days and never saw anything.

Then maybe by accident or maybe my eyes were tired, but I saw a 3D hidden image. I was so excited.

The author of the piece lived close to our office and I said I would pay for two hours of his time if he would show me how to make these images. He came to the office and showed me what he knew which was just enough to write his article. I took it from there.

Keep trying.

I won't fret about it. I'm pretty care free in attitude and have bigger hurdles.
    However, I do try whenever you post one and assume by every ones comments I'm missing out. My wife can also see your work, but she married me so I don't really trust her judgement.

You will be the first to know if I ever evolve enough to see the wonders.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3D Smile.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	128757

And you will jump for joy -- at least I did when these 3D ghosts finally popped out. :-)

Very cool Mr. Moderator Emeritus Dude, Sir

I have found that sometimes crossing my eyes for just a second will make the image pop, also it's been suggested "looking through" the image will sometimes work.