ID:	128664

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-01-11 16.36.39.png 
Views:	107 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	128665

@Xara - Dear Xara - ditto XDPXv17

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Exporting SVG Dialogs

I don't get this Acorn, it's just the standard coloured window ???
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

the export dialog boxes have always been light skinned for some of the exports eg::

PDF
    PSD

one that has changed from light to dark is TIFF

you know I have never though twice about this, I cannot even remember if the SVG has actually changed...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Sorry Xara, but it is just shoddy.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    I don't get this Acorn, it's just the standard coloured window ???
    So Egg, working within an enforced dark theme day then flashes up light Dialogs.
    It's just another loose rivet. UI design is a craft that is hidden when good but glaringly off when poorly implemented, c.f., Status Line tooltips are awry in places where the new UI has been applied.

Acorn

I have to agree that status line tooltips hiding behind the windows taskbar can be a pita

but you are not going to get me worked up about the colour of the export boxes... they work... lets fix things that don't [first]
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I have to agree that status line tooltips hiding behind the windows taskbar can be a pita
    but you are not going to get me worked up about the colour of the export boxes... they work... lets fix things that don't [first]
    All aboard with the sentiment but if anything is left unmentioned, it will never be fixed.

"they work" - How many just roll over when Smart Tables and Smart Charts need different data formats to work?
    Not Xara. It decides to introduce a Vizzlo plug-in for Xara Cloud+ instead.

Acorn

no no no we talk at cross purposes

tell me why if you are so concerned did you never mention that the PDF export dialogs were grey when they have always been so

I understand your concerns elsewhere, but I do not expect uniforrmity without actual benefit
    Nothing lasts forever...

I'm failing to follow this thread. I thought that Acorn was saying when he exports an svg his screengrabs are showing a brown header. I stated mine were the usual colour (as attached screen-grabs) They have always been this colour from wayback when. I'm not understanding the reference to light skinned. I've used Xara in the dark skinned UI since it's introduction but my Windows dialogue boxes have always been light skinned as they are across all my software.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export2.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	128667   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export3.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	128668  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	80 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	128669  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

the header colour will depend on windows settings, as it does for all [well most] appelets

as you say, lots of dialog boxes are light skinned

to me it's a non-issue
    Nothing lasts forever...