Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Exporting SVG Dialogs

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    dialogue boxes have always been light skinned as they are across all my software.
    could be windows dependent ones always will be..
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    no no no we talk at cross purposes
    tell me why if you are so concerned did you never mention that the PDF export dialogs were grey when they have always been so
    I understand your concerns elsewhere, but I do not expect uniforrmity without actual benefit
    handrawn, I rarely use PDF so the Dialogs were always novel. so I apologize over that omission.

Uniformity is important as without it you have a sharp intake, thinking that one did something wrong.
    The current UI is a case in point when you cannot find things or they don't behave the same with simialr operations.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I'm failing to follow this thread. I thought that Acorn was saying when he exports an svg his screengrabs are showing a brown header. I stated mine were the usual colour (as attached screen-grabs) They have always been this colour from wayback when. I'm not understanding the reference to light skinned. I've used Xara in the dark skinned UI since it's introduction but my Windows dialogue boxes have always been light skinned as they are across all my software.
    Egg, I see where you re coming from. I additionally have set Windows dark and the File Export Website, or Images are then also dark.
    However, Export SVG Dialogs are all light while Export JPEG and PNG are dark. That was the difference.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

So is that a Xara issue or a Windows issue?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

So is that a Xara issue or a Windows issue?
    Well, if I do the same steps for a different file extension, surely Xara is in control?

Acorn

I woudn't know either way Acorn, above my pay-grade.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    handrawn, I rarely use PDF so the Dialogs were always novel. so I apologize over that omission.

Uniformity is important as without it you have a sharp intake, thinking that one did something wrong.
    The current UI is a case in point when you cannot find things or they don't behave the same with simialr operations.

Acorn
    ok - but as it happens havn't SVG dialog boxes always been light skinned, at least they are in my P&G 16 - I really cannot remember further back, because it has never been a concern for me - so I don't see where the issue is if they have not suddenly changed [ and some 'perverse' people may actually be worried about a switch from light to dark ]

total uniformity is not possible -for example save as dialog boxes are windows UI they take no notice of xara skinning, how many non technical users would know this or even bother about it ?
    Nothing lasts forever...

...PS since TIFF and TGA have both been converted to dark skin, but others havn't, I would think it possible this is something xara are aware of and are implementing where possible only when there is a non-cosmetic change to make as well [if it ain't broke...]
    Nothing lasts forever...