Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Does Xara Web Designer have a 'site view/manager'?

My current web design application allows the website structure to be defined and viewed. See below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-01-11 114348.png 
Views:	103 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	128656

Does Xara Web Designer have this facility, or something like it?

My website has 164 individual pages.
    Having to scroll through a single level list in the Page & Layer Gallery to find them looks like it could get both very annoying and tedious.

Default Re: Does Xara Web Designer have a 'site view/manager'?

Yes. It is the Page & Layer Gallery. Pages and Layers can also be repositioned by dragging and dropping the title bars.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Page and Layer Gallery.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	128657  

That isn't what I meant. What you're showing me is the structure of one page; I want to see the structure of the site.

The image I posted shows a tree view of every page in the site, with branches that can be expanded and collapsed.
    The Xara Page & Layer Gallery just seems to show all of the pages in one long list.

For my site this would be a list 164 pages long. That's a lot to scroll through to find the page you want, and not easy if you want to see the overall organisation.

What I would do is Create a number of Horizontal NavBars.
    1st-level for those with no sub-structure.
    Then at 2nd-level those, e.g., Documentation expanded.

Make both repeating and place off-page above the page so they are visible but not published.

Elaborate as you choose with a 3rd-level or key links to a region of your design.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

OP: What is the name of your current program? Are you wanting to construct the site in an hierarchy or flat?

To create the same in Xara (not the site map) I'd use sub-sites. You could easily transfer your WebBuilder pages into a Xara site.

As you're discovering sorting through a 147 page site is a nightmare. So cut them up to sub-sites.

If you'd like further info please let me know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	142.6 KB 
ID:	128666  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    What I would do is Create a number of Horizontal NavBars.
    1st-level for those with no sub-structure.
    Then at 2nd-level those, e.g., Documentation expanded.

Make both repeating and place off-page above the page so they are visible but not published.

Elaborate as you choose with a 3rd-level or key links to a region of your design.

Acorn
    You're solving the wrong problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    As you're discovering sorting through a 147 page site is a nightmare. So cut them up to sub-sites.
    It's only a nightmare if I were to go with Xara. In my present editor, it's easy-peasy.

Quote Originally Posted by DanFelix View Post
    OP: What is the name of your current program? Are you wanting to construct the site in an hierarchy or flat?
    My site organisation is hierarchical

Quote Originally Posted by JWellbelove View Post
    You're solving the wrong problem.
    Don't think so.
    I did not say publish. When you click on any link in the design you can then follow the link to the required page.

You can make the NavBars are layered as you like.

One day Xara will decide that hierarchical sites are useful. Until then consider what might be possible and accept suggestions as not other Forums would just have answered "No."

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat