Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs down Bad rendering of web preview and Online Content Catalogue on 4K displays

Even after all this time, Xara still doesn't seem be able to render on 4K displays correctly.

First, to remove blurry fonts I have to override the High DPI settings in the compatibility dialog.

The main thing is that the Web Preview window and Online Content Catalogue appear to have no idea of how to display on my 4K screens.
    The preview windows appears to think that it is on a much lower res screen (the rendered web page is gigantic and shifted way off to the right), while the Online Content Catalogue is corrupted and unusable!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-01-08 120703.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	128635

All my other applications seem to have sorted this out a long time ago.
    I'm trying out the trial version of Web Designer Premium, but until this is sorted, I am going to have to reject it for web design, which is a real shame.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-01-08 120429.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	128634  

Default Re: Bad rendering of web preview and Online Content Catalogue on 4K displays

I have moved this to the Xara Cloud forum where it will get more attention (I hope)

Default Re: Bad rendering of web preview and Online Content Catalogue on 4K displays

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I have moved this to the Xara Cloud forum where it will get more attention (I hope)
    Gary, this is about the Magix XDAs. Both issues are around Xara using IE browser called programatically.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi JWellbelove. I don't think any Magix Xara titles handle 4K. Xara Designer Pro+ does. Go to the link below and try Xara Cloud which includes Xara Designer+.

You can sign in for a free trial.

LINK
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	116.7 KB 
ID:	128638  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I have had a Dell AIO 4k 26inch display (set at 150% mag) for 4 years and continue to use Pro X v17.0. This version and indeed v17.1 do NOT have the HiDPI option that is now included in Pro +.

1. Here is a screen shot of both v17.0 (without HiDPI) and Pro+ (with HiDPI) https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/XaraPr..._XaraPro17.png - best viewed on a 4K display. You can make your own judgement.

2. The ageing IE version in Web Preview should have been binned a long time ago - if you want to see what something actually looks like just pick another browser (in v17.0). I believe IE has been binned in the latest Pro+ so I guess that issue is now over.

There is lot on TG about 4k, which can be found by searching the forum.

Pro X v17.0 is a lot more money, just to get working 4K.
    They should be fixing the current software.

Pro X v17.0 does NOT have 4k support and as Egg said in his earlier post, neither does Wed Designer (both of which are purchased from Magix). There is a time lag between Xara releasing updates to Pro+ and those updates finding there way into the versions marketing by Magix. Both products are though authored by Xara.

I can 100% agree with you that 4K is long overdue; my point was only that I have managed to successfully use the software on a 4K display - yes it could be clearer, but it does work. I remain hopeful that 4K support will eventually find its way into the Magix versions.

The only reference I can find to Pro+ is a Wikipedia page.
    Even the Xara web page doesn't mention Pro+, only Pro X.
    Only Xara Cloud+ seems close by mentioning it "combining the offline creative power of Xara Designer Pro+ with the online flexibility of Xara Cloud".
    It looks like this has taken over from it.

https://www.xara.com/uk/products/

Quote Originally Posted by JWellbelove View Post
    The only reference I can find to Pro+ is a Wikipedia page.
    Even the Xara web page doesn't mention Pro+, only Pro X.
    Only Xara Cloud+ seems close by mentioning it "combining the offline creative power of Xara Designer Pro+ with the online flexibility of Xara Cloud".
    It looks like this has taken over from it.
    https://www.xara.com/uk/products/
    Here's is a inside view of Xara Designer Pro+.
    This is my take on the Xara desktop applications (XDA): https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...Update-Service.
    A web view of the same is here: http://acorn.xara.hosting/xda/.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I got Web Designer Premium to render without corruption by tweaking the High DPI settings from 'System (Enhanced)' to 'System'.