Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: XDA Locked

Bug XDA Locked

Dear Xara...

Bug - Drag a webp onto the design page.
    It offers to open or save it.
    Picking these or Cancel locks the application.

Checked back to XWDPv15 with the same application lock.

Some may ask, why is this important?
    A lock requires a force close of the XDA, losing all changes after the last, if any, backup.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: XDA Locked

what sort of design page... I get 'cant open that file type' if I drag in a webp file [pro+]
    Last edited by handrawn; 05 January 2021 at 09:57 PM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: XDA Locked

I'm with Steve on this.

Open the webj file from the New York Times in the zip file and see if you get the same error message.

Near as I can tell, Xara does not support this file type.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	128622  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Info Re: XDA Locked

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I'm with Steve on this.
    Open the webj [sic] file from the New York Times in the zip file and see if you get the same error message.
    Near as I can tell, Xara does not support this file type.
    Gary, I tried with this webp file and get what you got.

There are clearly differences in the available convertors as I still get a problem of locking with the ones I have created.

Here is an interesting diversion.

I have a 12000x7950px PNG image of the Village of Manarola that is 52.1MB.
    This is just above the 50MB limit available through https://converter.11zon.com/en/image-to-webp/ but it was accepted.
    It produced a webp image of 2.2MB but this locked my XDA if dropped into it.
    I then tried https://imagecompressor.11zon.com/en/compress-webp/ at 90% compression and that shrunk it to 909kB, a 58-fold reduction.
    Using 10% compression instead returns a file of size 6.26MB.

Magic then happened. I dropped the compressed images onto the page and they Imported.
    I had my suspicions so I changed the file extension to jpg and it still loaded.

In summary, you can convert and compress from JPG/PNG to WEBP. The resultant webp is probably pretending to be one when it is a compressed JPEG. It, however, will Import into your XDA.
    @Xara, this might be a quick way to leverage in WEBP Imports until you have built your own convertors.

Exporting WEBP and especially using them in Web Properties > Image > Web image type: WEBP (Best for web); Quality: 0::100 should be a high priority Update.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat