Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unknown Warning

Default Unknown Warning

When I resize a page in XDP 15 using File/Page Options/Page Size, I get the following warning:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Warning XDP 15.png 
Views:	100 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	128604

Does anyone know what this entails? I've had this message pop up at other occasions as well but cannot recall the exact steps.

Default Re: Unknown Warning

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    When I resize a page in XDP 15 using File/Page Options/Page Size, I get the following warning:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Warning XDP 15.png 
Views:	100 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	128604

Does anyone know what this entails? I've had this message pop up at other occasions as well but cannot recall the exact steps.
    The only way i could achieve this would be to click the Mouse Tab instead of the Page Size Tab and input a negative number for the Point value.

It might be that you are using the light Ui as Xara does not fully support it.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

This happens if I enter the incorrect units, for example 300p instead of 300px
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SNAPPY.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	128605  

I do use the light UI but how could that have something to do with it? The UI is originally light and I only bypass the .xml file xaradark_theme that was later added by Xara.

I did not enter a negative value, I selected a preset (A5, changing from A4). Also when I upscale the page size, I get this message. The page actually changes in size, despite the warning.

I occasionally get a similar warning too and it never makes ant sense to me.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I do use the light UI but how could that have something to do with it? The UI is originally light and I only bypass the .xml file xaradark_theme that was later added by Xara.
    if for example some part of the program coding has the dark theme as a dependency...

bearing in mind removing it is not advocated by xara, and it has been there a long time, so more recent code may assume it is there [maybe not in an ideal world, but in the real world these things can happen]
    but it could be something completely different
    Last edited by handrawn; 02 January 2021 at 11:56 AM. Reason: add second bit
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Sorry, but that's indeed sheer speculation, handrawn.

In addition, it's something that started fairly recently. I've been using the light UI from not much later after Xara launched the dark interface.

I gave a senario that would explain the circumstances that you queried- and like i said afterwards it could be something else

everything is sepeculation without hands on of the computer is it not ?

besides, if acorn thinks that might be the cause, we should all take it seriously

I appreciate you are using ver 15 and have not had this before, but windows updates , graphic drivers update.... things change

but unless we have had it ourselves it is still educated guesswork - what more do you expect ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Sorry, but that's indeed sheer speculation, handrawn. In addition, it's something that started fairly recently. I've been using the light UI from not much later after Xara launched the dark interface.
    handrawn and I are "speculating" as we do not have access to your machine, your configuration or your actions.
    Changing the OS through an update can affect Windows DLLs that Xara relies on.
    Programs are quite delicate and if Xara states the unsupported Light Skinned UI places the application is an untested state, you may get such an error.
    How is possibly that the Options dialog window has been incorrectly coded for the inputs of the Page Size > Paper inputs and the Mouse inputs, resulting in the error.
    In my XDA's Dark Skinned UI set-up, both reflect the same detail:
    Unique ID: ahk_id 0x90c46
    Title: Options
    Class: ahk_class#32770
    Control: Edit1
    Active Control: Edit1
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

You're the Xara authority here, Acorn, so I have to accept that the light UI might be causing the warning.

I find it almost impossible to work with Xara's dark interface and am happy that other apps, such as the Affinity suite, offer the two options. As I look at it now, I would, albeit regretfully, stop using Xara's apps altogether if I can't work with them anymore using the light interface setup. Over the years, I've raised the issue a number of times in 'Dear Xara' but there's been no response by Xara.

I also have XWDP 17 installed and use its light interface. Fortunately no issues.
    Last edited by Boy; 02 January 2021 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Grammar