Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Difference between Xara Designer Pro X vs. Xara Designer Pro +

Hello,

I am a newbie to XARA World. I found only this - https://www.xara.com/us/designer-pro/compare/
    but Xara Designer Pro X and Xara Designer Pro + have similar or the same functions? or differ in something? Thanks.

Default Re: Difference between Xara Designer Pro X vs. Xara Designer Pro +

Welcome to TalkGraphics Ramesh

The two programs are essentially the same. The main difference at this point is Designer Pro X has additional FX effects.

Designer Pro+ is developed by Xara while Designer Pro X is marketed by Magix.

Designer Pro+ is both cloud based and desktop based so it is ideally suited for collaborative work. And it is updated a lot more frequently than Pro X. But the desktop version of Pro+ is essentially the same.

Magix is Papa and Xara is Mama. You are the kid. You get special favors at Mama Xara. When you go over to Daddy Magix you wish you return to Mama Xara. It all began with a divorce and not because of you. SO do not feel bad, you did nothing LOL

You forgot to mention that with Magix he gets to keep the xara program and use it even if he stops subscribing for it. With the + he does not and it will not even open.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramesh View Post
    Hello,

I am a newbie to XARA World. I found only this - https://www.xara.com/us/designer-pro/compare/
    but Xara Designer Pro X and Xara Designer Pro + have similar or the same functions? or differ in something? Thanks.

Behzad, still enjoying the eggnog? ;-)

I am enjoying the popcorn

Being a few decade xara user, I feel I can enjoy the eggnog as long as the drama goes on. I feel bad for the newcomers who are confused by all the different names - or + versions etc. I think Xara's marketing has been further confused by Magix. Anyways this will slowly unfold and I will always have my popcorn to watch and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    You forgot to mention that with Magix he gets to keep the xara program and use it even if he stops subscribing for it. With the + he does not and it will not even open.
    probably the most important difference for many; depends how tiresome you find magix and how important 'state of the art' is

There is an update service which if up to date, allows you to get updates - but if it is lapsed then with the magix distro you no longer get any updates and with the xara distro pro+ you get nothing at all as you lose the program completely
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Anyways this will slowly unfold and I will always have my popcorn to watch and enjoy.
    To each his own, behzad, but I find it worse than a B movie. As an aside, we're watching The Crown. Magnificent series. Care to pass some of the popcorn?