Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Guides not showing on all pages

I'm a long time user of Xara and I love it. I have Designer pro x17 and have a couple of questions about it. Firstly, when I import an object I don't particularly like the new marquee set-up. Is there a way that I can just use the Old bounding box. Secondly, when I create a greeting card with two pages and set up all my guidelines why do they show up on the first page but not the 2nd? If you give an explanation I would much appreciate it. Thanks, & merry holidays.

Manny

Default Re: Guides not showing on all pages

You can turn off the new handles by editing the registry setting. You can see the path in the address window at the top of my screen shot.

My screenshot is for Pro+ but find the same setting for Pro X and change the 1 to 0.

As to the second part of your question, it would help for you to upload your document.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attachment.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	128572  

If you set up your guides for the first page and you click 'New page', the guides will also be placed on the second page. You can also copy the guides layer and paste them into another page.

Hi Gary, as usual you have saved the day on how to change the bounding box. I guess I just got used to the old type and wasn't comfortable with the new. About the guide lines again you were right. I just threw a blank page after the first page and that of course did not transfer the guides to the new page. Thanks.

Manny

Boy caught the guidelines issue. You are not alone about the new bounding box configuration. I have not found too many people who like the "improvement."

There are so many existing features that could use a little tweaking, I really don't see the need to constantly be fixing something that is not broken. But perhaps this is just me.