Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Round Objects

Bug Round Objects

Dear Xara...

Who is this Round and why does he object?
    … it may be apocryphal but they say that Churchill asked for a report from some expert in the Second World War. As is the way of the civil service, it was seen and annotated by others before it reached the great man. In the margin against some particularly contentious point, someone had written ‘Bollocks!’ A more senior and discreet mandarin carefully inked the offending word out and substituted ‘Round objects!’ Against which Churchill in turn asked, yes you’ve got there before me, ‘Who is this Round and why does he object?’
    Round Objects.xar

Bug - Your HTML filter transforms my 256 x 256 px sized Rounded Rectangles with varying Line Widths into SPAN tags, each with absolute border-radius: 128px.
    You should be checking the Curvature of the rectangle, squaring that and expressing the result as a percentage.
    Here all are Curvature 0.707. Squared gives 0.5, so border-radius: 50% is the required CSS code. [a border-radius greater than 50% has the same appearance]
    If you must return an absolute value it would have to be border-radius: 192px for a 256px circle. The maths for this would be onerous.

Can you please implement this change.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Round Objects

What goes round, then, does not necessarily come round then?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    What goes round, then, does not necessarily come round then?
    Yup. I do hope Xara gets a round tuit.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    If you must return an absolute value it would have to be border-radius: 192px for a 256px circle. The maths for this would be onerous.
    Dear Xara.., "onerous" in that every time I change the Line Width you would need to add it to the largest width of the rounded rectangle to determine the border-radius. The use of the Curvature is agnostic to the Line Width.

Acorn

P.S. I used "192px" for only one example (in my haste) of the Line Width at 64px. It is different for different Line Widths as described above.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Round tuit.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	128567
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

As this Thread, https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...-Stretched-Box, affects how the border-radius ought to be handled, it is included for Xara's attention.

Acorn