Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Trying to retire, client won't let me leave, client-side editing?

Jim, I think you need to ask yourself a couple of questions: What would happen if you were to drop dead tomorrow?
    Precisely. For that very reason I have transferred the few remaining sites I manage to someone younger who I exchanged Xara training for Yoga lessons. We both came out of this trade better for it.

Since about five years ago, I made all my clients responsible for their own domain name registration/renewal, and I made sure each client had the FTP access info for theirs sites. Now it will be a relief not having to remember each time I made changes what it was I had done to get to that place on the site. Or what was on those hidden layers I seem to have forgotten about.

Quote Originally Posted by onlye View Post
    php script that can be embeded into most websites - Auto Classifieds Script | Car Dealer Script | Car Script | PHPJabbers
    Thank you onlye for the link. Most useful. In the OP's case I was trying to wean him onto another design professional to deliver a viable site with minimal user competence. Maintaining a Xara design with server-side scripts might not be the best route in these circumstances.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

understood. the benefit of that script would be if that was the primary section the client wanted to update. (add, change, delete autos) Then the client only uses the script dashboard to make changes and does not have to change the xara site.