Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Please help me turn off those big boxes and weird selection methods

Quote Originally Posted by Artyboots View Post
    Hi,
    Two problems - I can barely see the graphics for the selection outlines. (Does no one do precision work at Xara?!) How to turn off?
    Also in previous version did we really have to rescale using only one corner. Spend half my life dragging around graphics so I can get the corner free to adjust.
    I can just about manage with the new UI and I am able to work with and around it without too much bother.
    I agree it is overwhelming most of the objects I need to work with.

I use a mix of changing the Zoom, shifting in and out of Outline View Quality and Solo mode.

For the other, I suspect you have not noticed the Show selection bound handles icon that toggles the smart UI when using the Selector tool with images.
    When selected, all four corners can be dragged to resize.

You can also use the mid-controls (carefully) and double-click any to recover a full image if cropped by accident.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I just cannot use the new blobs, smart selection feature. It makes it almost impossible to position one object next to another without having to select, deselect, select, etc. I like the idea of what they are doing but the execution makes it harder not easier to do the things I do every day.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I just cannot use the new blobs, smart selection feature. It makes it almost impossible to position one object next to another without having to select, deselect, select, etc. I like the idea of what they are doing but the execution makes it harder not easier to do the things I do every day.
    I completely agree, Gary. I wanted to like it. But you can’t see anything. Who thought by oblongs would be better than squares, anyway? I really rely on the former little squares in the middle of graphics, particularly, as a very quick alignment tool.Yesterday I had to work like I used to in the long distant past. There is no precision in the new tool because of the thickness of the lines and the fact that it isn’t actually working anyway. I’ve actually had to use the nudge feature in order to get any precision. And I resort to the measurements to change size. Not good. I think it will be an enhancement, but only if it’s re-designed to be very refined – and not so thick, cludgy, fashionable etc. Going to be very honest here, because I care about Xara. But you can’t market Xara as a high end graphics program, but present it as a tool for new users or children. If everything gets dumbed down then we can’t meet the needs of our clients. While I’m here, I also object to the thick, blue dotted borders. I like my bounding boxes subtle, thin, and not bright blue.

A

But BIG is better LOL

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I think the current UI presentation needs a lot of work but I have no real problem and I am working to really exact dimensions and positioning.

I have just reworked my "Impossible Cubes" this afternoon and they are now on the button: http://www.acornucopia.space/Play%20area/.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Nice play, Acorn. What else is in that play area?

Quote Originally Posted by Artyboots
    I like my bounding boxes subtle, thin, and not bright blue
    he bounding boxes are hashed with white #ffffff and blue #5693cf
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Nice play, Acorn. What else is in that play area?
    I've just bought the domain (acornucopia.space) and I was going to make it my repository.

I want to integrate Xara with WordPress, WordPress with Xara and throw in oodles of MarkDown to make it interactive and full of goodies.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I've just bought the domain (acornucopia.space) and I was going to make it my repository.

I want to integrate Xara with WordPress, WordPress with Xara and throw in oodles of MarkDown to make it interactive and full of goodies.
    Is that still play? ;-)

I'm looking forward to the goodies. If you manage to integrate all three platforms and make the combo user friendly, you might have created yourself a profitable new business.

Here’s an interesting thing. I quite like the new tool even though it’s a bit if a mess. I missed it when I turned it off. If improved I think it could be ok. Xx