Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Really not feeling the Magix

I made the mistake of trying to reinstall Xara Designer ProX17 via a download in order to get rid of the ridiculous massive blue and white dotted line around selections that I simply couldn't turn off or remove via the registry. Instead of having a functioning program to use I get a trial expired message. Now I don't seem to be able to find the product I've been using for years when I login to my account to get the installation code. I've tried to find support from majik, which seems non existent and so I now have a fully paid for version of Xara that gives me nothing more than a trial expired message. I've said before that I'm using xara less and less but it looks as tough this may be the nail in the coffin, as illustrator beckons.

Default Re: Really not feeling the Magix

Hi

Don't know if this will help, but I found when making the registry change, the Xara program mustn't be running, otherwise the change doesn't stick, ie the 0 reverts back to 1.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

masque, you need to persist with Magix. A number of customers fail to be registered properly in their database through no fault of their own.
    In Xara handing over support to Magix, the whole database was reset so you may need to also push on that front too.

To get at your Serial number, you would normally press Shift+Ctrl+Alt+1 in your application and write that down. (Xara Pro+ is different as it synchs directly with Xara Cloud).
    Failing that you need to locate your purchase email or search your emails for Xara Shop or Xara Online Shop.
    I always try to keep two copies on two machines for this very purpose.

Quite sad really.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

No it didnt work with the program closed I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonopen View Post
    Hi

Don't know if this will help, but I found when making the registry change, the Xara program mustn't be running, otherwise the change doesn't stick, ie the 0 reverts back to 1.
    No, it didn't work with the program closed I'm afraid.

No, it didn't work the either I'm afraid..

Unfortunately all emails are long gone.

masque, go to magix.com servise center and login to get a list of your products there you will find the
    serial numbers of your purchases.

e
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Solved my problem of being stuck with a trial rather than my paid for version by restoring a drive C clone produced a couple of days ago so I was back where I started. I'll just have to preserver with getting rid of the blue dotted line via the registry. Thanks for any help though.

Glad you got it solved.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.