Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Stretching a jpeg

I'm trying to "stretch" a jpeg - change the aspect ratio, make the jpeg longer on one axis while not changing the other. I've tried holding down the shift, the ctrl, the alt, I've tried holding them down before clicking on a handle, nothing seems to work. I used to be able to do this by simply grabbing a handle and stretching it, now the only thing Xara does is something I don't want at all. Why the change and how do I accomplish what I want? And why does Xara make it so difficult to both do this and find out how it's done?

Default Re: Stretching a jpeg

if you are using version 15.1 or later [not ver 15.0], try right clicking the aspect lock padlock on the select tool infobar and unticking smart transform

edit: you should also click on the icon in the top left of the infobar: Show Selection Bounds Handles
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: Stretching a jpeg

Why the change and how do I accomplish what I want? And why does Xara make it so difficult to both do this and find out how it's done?
    Indeed! Why introduce and hide this 'improved' feature under right-clicking the Lock Aspect icon? They've now done similar re the Centre of Rotation.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host