Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: e-Commerce

Default e-Commerce

My apologies - I posted this earlier on the wrong forum so posting here as I believe this is the more appropriate forum.

Hi. I use Web Designer 17 Premium and want to insert several of the available ecommerce widgets to set up a shop for sale of several books.

Unfortunately, when I try to insert the Paypal widgets (Add to Cart, Buy now) from File-New Content Catalogue-Components-eCommerce, nothing happens - just message no HTML code.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Default Re: e-Commerce

Quote Originally Posted by bmcdon View Post
    My apologies - I posted this earlier on the wrong forum so posting here as I believe this is the more appropriate forum.
    Hi. I use Web Designer 17 Premium and want to insert several of the available ecommerce widgets to set up a shop for sale of several books.
    Unfortunately, when I try to insert the Paypal widgets (Add to Cart, Buy now) from File-New Content Catalogue-Components-eCommerce, nothing happens - just message no HTML code.
    Any suggestions? Thanks
    My best suggestion is to perform Run as administrator on your XWDPv17 the once to sort out any new Xara DLLs.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn.

Searching elsewhere it seems that this has been a problem for all of 2020 and there is no interest to solve it by the Xara Group - disappointing attitude and shows a lack of customer focus and respect!

Quote Originally Posted by bmcdon View Post
    Thanks Acorn.
    Searching elsewhere it seems that this has been a problem for all of 2020 and there is no interest to solve it by the Xara Group - disappointing attitude and shows a lack of customer focus and respect!
    I am sorry Xara has let you down.

Do you have an earlier version as well or one you used in the past?
    The file you need to find would be in %LocalAppData%\Xara\WebDesignerPremium\12\Cache\de signs\eng\components\layoutcomponents\ecommerce\paypalbuybutton.xwr, changing the application and version to what you have.
    All version since v12 (or earlier, have not changed.

If you have one, just drag it onto your design page.
    If you get the same negative result then it is possibly the redirect path Xara has used, which your Firewall is rejecting as it is trying to launch and IE browser instance.

Try this link direct: http://www.xara.com/statsredirect/?u...1&prefix=s

If that works you should have a working page in Paypal that has resolved to: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...82e6b6be625668

You could create you PayPal Button there and paste the copied code into a Placeholder.

All my .XWR PayPal widgets fire up and work across all my XDAs.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks again Acorn - will try.
    Cheers