Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Quarter page booklet

How do I print a booklet to a quarter page size? WordPerfect and MS Word will print a booklet to a half page very well. I need something smaller, to a quarter page. All attempts have failed, resulting in upside-down pages. My printer, Brother, does not seem to be able to keep page orientation correct either. I don't want to have to manually arrange the pages to accommodate these limitations since I have multiple booklets to produce. Suggestions?

Default Re: Quarter page booklet

Booklet printing with four pages per sheet requires imposition software. Even Acrobat cannot do this unless you use an imposition plugin. Take a look here for the free version of the Montax software and Acrobat plugin; it has the limitation of a maximum of A4 paper and 4 pages per printed sheet: https://www.montax-imposer.com/products.

Or let a printer print the booklets for you.

You would need an imposition software.

All other solutions can only output 4 pages to a booklet. But you need an output of 8 pages per sheet.

Thank you both. Now I know what I need.

Dan, you can use the free Montax app (see link in earlier post) to do what you want to do:
    • Export the Xara file as a .pdf with the page size you require (quarter Letter)
    • Import the .pdf into Montax
    • Apply the settings as shown in the screenshot below. (I used the A4 setting but you can select 'Letter' in the box with the arrow pointing to it. As you can see, I imposed 24 A6 pages.)
    • Export by clicking File/Export imposition into PDF
    • Print this file double-sided using the appropriate printer settings (not using the booklet setting)
    • Cut the printed sheets in half
    • Rearrange the cut sheets to form booklet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Montax settings.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	128499

Thank you! That seems a lot easier than what I had planned to do.

Good to hear.

In your initial post you also mentioned pages printing in reverse. You can make a number of adjustments to compensate for the printer's 'behavior' by right-clicking the Export PDF button on the menu bar in Montax. Just tick the various options to open up the full dialog and set the adjustments that will correct any of the printer's poor handling of the .pdf. There's even a measuring tool you can use to make precise adjustments to the margins.

For the rotation issue, click Rotate Sheet and then set 180° for Backside.