Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Aspect ratio, color adjust

I'm fit to be tied, and hoping someone has ideas on how to do this.

First off, I'm using Xara Web Designed Premium 17. On my website I want to insert a logo, and add the words "Authorized Dealer" beneath it. Just type two words, shouldn't take more than five minutes with four of those minutes choosing a font, right?

Guess again; I'm into Day Three of this! Fine-tuning the text took no less than SIX programs, not the least of which was Snipping Tool to save what I had. Yes, it was THAT crazy. But what's important is that these two words are now a jpeg image, just like the logo itself. Text is white on black.

So now I'm trying to position this jpeg image immediately beneath the logo. I need to do two minor things, either of which is causing me to tear my hair out.

First I want to stretch the two words to be the same length as the logo. I want to stretch it horizontally, not vertically. In the top bar I see two windows H 100% and W 100%, with a lock. The lock is for locking/unlocking the aspect ratio. I think I'm getting warm here, but no matter if I lock or unlock it, resizing adjusts both height and width. I want width only. HOW?

The other thing; this text is white on black, but to match the logo it needs to have a slight purple tint. Is there some way to adjust this tint?

Thanks!

Default Re: Aspect ratio, color adjust

Amazing shortly after posting this I figured out how to do both. Although maybe someone could still answer this -- I matched the colors of the logo by trial and error and got it just about right. There's an eyedropper tool at the bottom but can't get it to work. How do I select a foreground or background color in the logo?

Default Re: Aspect ratio, color adjust

Glad you sorted it Gary. Hope this helps:

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host