Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara & Firefox Mobile

Hi all,

It has been a year or so since I updated out website. I noticed it was not displaying correctly in Firefox Mobile so I found some time to update it.

Unfortunately, the website does not appear to be the problem. It now works great in Chrome as well as the desktop Chrome and Firefox.

Are there known issues with Firefox Mobile?

I am using Firefox Daylight 82.1.3

Xara Web Designer Premium 16.1.1.56358

I am not a website designer by no means and after more than a year of working on it, I have forgotten a lot but it seems to be ok everywhere else.

Thanks for the help,

Steven

Default Re: Xara & Firefox Mobile

Without a link to the site or an idea of what design it is (widgets, code, other), anything will be a guess.
    You've not said what device FF is running on as this might also have an impact.

If you look at https://caniuse.com/?compare=firefox...ompareCats=all, it might let you discover the areas that are not working.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Without a link to the site or an idea of what design it is (widgets, code, other), anything will be a guess.
    You've not said what device FF is running on as this might also have an impact.

If you look at https://caniuse.com/?compare=firefox...ompareCats=all, it might let you discover the areas that are not working.

Acorn
    Sorry, I did not think about that. The website is ourlifethoughts.com The issue is the text on the right side is not visible. Like the text box would be larger than the background.

The phone I am testing on is a Samsung S10E.

I looked at the link, that might come in handy if I ever do anything extraordinary, but this is pretty simple. It may not be particularly correct, but it is simple.

Thanks for taking a look.

Steven

All I can suggest is use a different font as FF Mobile will be substituting its own version and sizing will probably go wrong.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn. I played around with "Web Safe" fonts and it didn't seem to like that either. There are other websites I cannot us FF for so I suspect this version is just buggy. I suspect most people using Android are using Chrome anyway.

Thanks, Steven

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Cox View Post
    Thanks Acorn. I played around with "Web Safe" fonts and it didn't seem to like that either. There are other websites I cannot us FF for so I suspect this version is just buggy. I suspect most people using Android are using Chrome anyway.

Thanks, Steven
    Only 1 in 400 use FFM.

Acorn