Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I've got this little problem. I have a page called "Audio Samples" which contains links to mp3s. In any other browser when you click the link it starts the download and stays on that "Audio Samples" page. Well in Netscape 4.7, when you click the link it starts the download but also switches the page to a blank "Netscape" page with a Quicktime download bar. Why is it doing that ? I really don't want it to switch to a blank page. It needs to stay on the "Audio Samples" page while it's downloading.

Any ideas ? Thanks a bunch!

I've got this little problem. I have a page called "Audio Samples" which contains links to mp3s. In any other browser when you click the link it starts the download and stays on that "Audio Samples" page. Well in Netscape 4.7, when you click the link it starts the download but also switches the page to a blank "Netscape" page with a Quicktime download bar. Why is it doing that ? I really don't want it to switch to a blank page. It needs to stay on the "Audio Samples" page while it's downloading.

Any ideas ? Thanks a bunch!

it sounds to me like the way your copy of netscape is configured is what is causing the problem. browsers normally ask what you wish to do with the file (ie, open it or save it to disk) before doing anything else. it sounds to me that at some point during netscape usage, the browser has been configured to automatically open the type of audio files you mention and use the quicktime plug-in to execute them. typically the default configuration of a browser won't automatically do very much at all, it'll generally ask first.

hope that helps.

d-sine

:: d-sine :: www.d-sine.org
    :: d-sine :: www.d-sine.org