Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Copy & Paste with transparent background

As far back as Designer Pro 11, you could copy and past an image with a transparent background.

I'm not sure about the in-between versions, but XDP16, XDP17 and Designer Pro+ don't seem to allow this.
    The transparent section is pasted as a black background.

I'm sure I know the registry setting and I have changed that.
    But, still cannot copy and past an image with a transparent background into XDP16, XDP17 and Designer Pro+.

Does anyone know if there's a fix for this?

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Default Re: Copy & Paste with transparent background

Rik, no guarantees but in the Registry there is a setting Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro Sub x64\17\Options\Clipboard\PasteAlpha.
    Put its value to 1 when Pro+ is closed.

Other XDAs have similar paths.

Report back.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I just bought XWDP 17 during the cyber sales so this might affect me as well. I tried dragging & dropping (from Windows Explorer) and copying & pasting between open documents and from XDP 15 to XWDP 17. Transparency was kept in all instances. But when I checked the PasteAlpha registry key, it was set to '0' (this is also the case in XDP 15). So, there must be another setting involved as well....

Copying images with transparency should work, where are you copying the image from Rik?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Copying images with transparency should work, where are you copying the image from Rik?
    Hi, Rob.

Try this site: wow emoji at DuckDuckGo
    I can copy and paste one with a transparent background into DPX11 without any problems.
    But, not into or DXP16 or DPX17 or Designer Pro+.

Acorn: That is the setting I changed. And restarted my Laptop and still no difference.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

I have even tried Bhavesh's suggestion at https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...211#post604211.

@Rik & @Rob-Xar - I tried and failed.
    If you use File > Import from Web address with https://www.techhunt.co.in/wp-conten.../Imoji-Wow.png, it works.
    If you save to a file and drag into the XDA, it works.
    If you copy from another application (IrfanView, Windows Snipping Tool, Affinity family), it fails.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat