Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default large site with long pages issues

I have a large site (content wise) that needs updating, meaning content and text need to be added to each page. The site is close to 500M in memory. So far when I need to work on a single page at a time, I export the page (cut/paste) to a new file and once finished paste it back to t he original site. This however is causing one issue and that is the links (pointing to other pages) all disappear and the link address becomes javascript:;

Any ideas as to how to fix this or should I work on the main site itself when editing forgetting this method?

Default Re: large site with long pages issues

Is it possible to organize the site in sections and then publish each section separately using real links in the nav bar? This is an ancient Workbook article but it still applies http://archive.xaraxone.com/webxealo...kbook%201.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	49.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	128413  

Yep, I'll second that. I did a couple in the exact same way a few years ago. 5 separate .web files, 5 separate subfolders, 1 landing page.

The second one had a standard home page (index), but the other 'pages' were in separate subfolders. The pages were photo/video heavy and separating them made everything easier to handle.

Both sites have been split into more sensible solutions so nothing to show I'm afraid.

Yes great idea, but not at this stage of the game when the site is finished and only updates are made to each page.

behzad, you could run through all your current pages and move things like buttons and NavBars to a separate layer, basically, all the items with page links.
    Locking these would allow you to Cut & Paste the items your want to update on a page-by-page basis.

If there are Links in the text then change these to explicit links fred.htm rather than fred.
    If you mirror all the pages and remove the content then even this will not be needed.

Pasting back could result in adjustments to the page length.
    I might consider using Push in such circumstances.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you all.