Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Grouping/multiple selecting popups

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    That works Acorn. I agree that the testing in other browsers is a pia as is testing in your default browser opening numerous windows. Still prefer the preview in in my default browser far more than the old IE method.
    Sadly, xara giveth with the one hand...

You may not have read https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...562#post631562.
    I am trying to jog xara into some action on this.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Okay, works in Edge & Chrome but not in FireFox
    Same here - also works in Opera But I'm probably the only person on this forum who uses it

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    LGF, I didn't like the whole concept of multiple layer or even pages so here is just one dot:

Attachment 128412

The "dot" has a Name of dot. I used a rounded corner rectangle of size 16px with a 50:50 linear Fill of Red/Blue.
    This avoid a bitmap.

Each Key (A, B, C) has a Link of form: javascript: $('#dot').css("left", "[mmm]px").css("top", "[nnn]px");
    where [mmm] and [nnn] are distances from the Origin (0, 0) in pixels.

I Locked the Map background and Shops (a, b, c).
    If you use the Guides Layer and Layer Properties > Guides > Guidelines, you can use the Vertical value for [mmm] and the Horizontal value for [nnn].

You need to remember that the "dot has a size and its position is set from top left.
    If you want to centre the "dot" you therefore need to subtract 8 from each value.

No extra Layers!

Acorn
    Wow Acorn, that is really smart - waaaay beyond my understanding - but it works!

You may not have read.....
    Replied on that thread Acorn.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I carried on with the current approach of using pop-ups as all the original work had been done - if I had to do the site again from scratch, I might well go a different route.

OK - the mobile version of the site has never had the shop index/map as looking at it on a phone is just too tiny.
    So currently, beside the home and contact pages, I have a "shop index page" with links to each of the shops' websites.

Client understands the problem but is asking if there's any way at all to make the map and dot work.
    I told him not as far as I could see, but maybe I'm wrong - is there another approach to this to do this? (without it being seriously complicated )

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    I carried on with the current approach of using pop-ups as all the original work had been done - if I had to do the site again from scratch, I might well go a different route.

OK - the mobile version of the site has never had the shop index/map as looking at it on a phone is just too tiny.
    So currently, beside the home and contact pages, I have a "shop index page" with links to each of the shops' websites.

Client understands the problem but is asking if there's any way at all to make the map and dot work.
    I told him not as far as I could see, but maybe I'm wrong - is there another approach to this to do this? (without it being seriously complicated )
    LGF,

Yes is the answer based on my assumption each shop popup is showing details for each shop (be it an embedded website or otherwise).

If true, you can combine Acorn's method of moving the "dot" to its chosen coordinates AND simultaneously open the corresponding popup, calling it using Xara's internal reference - javascript: xr_cpu(n).

This is explained in the demo: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/Map/

Remember to create a "UsesJQuery" name.

Ignore Shops 1 to 4 in the demo; this is an alternative to using popups (a page within a page concept) - In my original solution, I have NOT extended the dot locator for shops 1-4. My approach to your original challenge was that all locators are already visible (numbered the same as the shop index) - it was then a two-way link for accessing the shops (from the index or the numbered dot).

I would settle for delivering v1 of the your solution and get comfortable with this approach before delivering a v2 (with dots on the map).

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    LGF,

Yes is the answer based on my assumption each shop popup is showing details for each shop (be it an embedded website or otherwise).

If true, you can combine Acorn's method of moving the "dot" to its chosen coordinates AND simultaneously open the corresponding popup, calling it using Xara's internal reference - javascript: xr_cpu(n).

This is explained in the demo: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/Map/

Remember to create a "UsesJQuery" name.

Ignore Shops 1 to 4 in the demo; this is an alternative to using popups (a page within a page concept) - In my original solution, I have NOT extended the dot locator for shops 1-4. My approach to your original challenge was that all locators are already visible (numbered the same as the shop index) - it was then a two-way link for accessing the shops (from the index or the numbered dot).

I would settle for delivering v1 of the your solution and get comfortable with this approach before delivering a v2 (with dots on the map).

Gary
    Thanks very much for the reply Gary.
    The nature of the shops and the layout, requires that the shops are grouped together into Categories and visitors need to be able to find particular shops -when a visitor clicks a link ( the shop name) they need to see a marker on the map and I just see how any method can work on a cellphone size screen.
    Here's a link to what I have at the moment: http://www.mikekaplandesign.com/Thesen

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Thanks very much for the reply Gary.
    The nature of the shops and the layout, requires that the shops are grouped together into Categories and visitors need to be able to find particular shops -when a visitor clicks a link ( the shop name) they need to see a marker on the map and I just see how any method can work on a cellphone size screen.
    Here's a link to what I have at the moment: http://www.mikekaplandesign.com/Thesen
    LGF, it is quite effective but a lot of bucks for little bang.
    It needs to include the Shop Name, Grid Reference and probably a Link out to the Shop page/site. The dot should not close when you click on the map.

The categories ought not to just close.

The Shop Index needs to have the Map/Grid references in their own column, not at the end of the Shop Name.

It would be a big undertaking.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    LGF, it is quite effective but a lot of bucks for little bang.
    It needs to include the Shop Name, Grid Reference and probably a Link out to the Shop page/site. The dot should not close when you click on the map.

The categories ought not to just close.

The Shop Index needs to have the Map/Grid references in their own column, not at the end of the Shop Name.

It would be a big undertaking.

Acorn
    Thanks Acorn - yes it would be a mission

Info Re: Grouping/multiple selecting popups

LGF, "Mission control to LGF, over."

jQuery - Multi-Pin Display.xar

This approach still avoids Layers.
    Two simple functions to hide and toggle a Pin or a number of Pins. [toggle could be replace by show]

The code is in the Page Code body.
    The triggers are JavaScript calls to the functions in the text list. A click toggle the Pin to show or to hide.
    These can be even on the Pin itself; try TH2 > Pin(TH2) > click and follow the route.

Acorn