Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: Grouping/multiple selecting popups

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Here's a link to the canvas method but it doesn't work on mobile browsers, all the location dots remain visible. Just click on any of the three orange buttons at the top. EDIT: Works okay in FF but not in Chrome of Edge!

DEMO

Thanks for the input Egg

I'm rather pleased with this version.
    The whole site is contained within close to a mobile/tablet/PC's screens real estate.
    Menu's are similarly kept within the viewers window avoiding the need to scroll.
    Images used are very small svg's and only loaded on demand, not forced on page load.
    Location maps not only show the location but the locations name.
    It does away with the need to import the x & y co-ordinates of the location.
    It does away with the requirement to have two seperate menus, one for location & one for web links.
    Using 'Scale to Fit Width' does away with the requirement for a variant.

At present only the Accommodation link works but it's fairly straightforward to create other categories once the base template is created.

LINK
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I'm rather pleased with this version.
    The whole site is contained within close to a mobile/tablet/PC's screens real estate.
    Menu's are similarly kept within the viewers window avoiding the need to scroll.
    Images used are very small svg's and only loaded on demand, not forced on page load.
    Location maps not only show the location but the locations name.
    It does away with the need to import the x & y co-ordinates of the location.
    It does away with the requirement to have two seperate menus, one for location & one for web links.
    Using 'Scale to Fit Width' does away with the requirement for a variant.

At present only the Accommodation link works but it's fairly straightforward to create other categories once the base template is created.

LINK
    Really neat Egg! Would you mind posting a link to the xar/web file?

Will do LGF, probably this evening.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Trying to introduce a shop window as Gary suggested otherwise the location map is fairly boring. Will send the files asap.
    LINK
    Egg

Trying to introduce a shop window as Gary suggested otherwise the location map is fairly boring. Will send the files asap.
    LINK
    @Egg, not sure if this idea will help? I have added a similar menu to yours alongside the shop window. There are two menus atm, but you can easily remove either one of them and the structure works.

As it is now, the standard NavBar populates the map, the shop window and shows other shops within the same category (by grouping similar shops in a class category). The same javascript link for the standard NavBar can be deployed in the second menu structure (though I've only activated it for the first shop on the list).

https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/Map2/

Hope it's useful,

Gary

Happy Christmas https://initiostar.co.uk/Gazzas-Christmas-2020.mp4 (All credits acknowledged and Snowflakes courtesy of Siran's clever widget posted a few days ago).

Just a few of the demos you, Acorn and Siran helped me create this year: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lightbulb Re: Grouping/multiple selecting popups

I felt it was necessary to rationalise my original suggestion for @LGF so it could be developed more readily.

My approach is basically an overgrown NavBar that can open and close anything. I have created a simple display of its power with a base map and two Shops with Map Pins and Shop Fronts with a set of instructions. All in the same space.
    For tidiness, I have placed all of the "overlays" into a special Bang folder (!MagicHappens); this ensures you can see the underlying website design without things getting too messy. You can have as many or as few layers as you choose.

Here is a demo: https://www.acornucopia.space/clients/TG/ShopFront/.

Here is the design file: jQuery - Multi-Pin Shop Front.xar.

Any ClassName can now be controlled by three functions: on, off & toggle, whose speeds can be precisely tuned to the milliSecond.

Acorn

P.S. No images were harmed in the delivery of this demonstration. The HTML file is all of 18kB and the concept can be scaled up and down.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Once again, thank you all for your work and input and wishing a all a happy and SAFE festive season.
    Regards,
    LGF