Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Image offset from MouseOver layer, but unsure why

I am quite new to Web Designer Premium and have been experimenting with learning how to create various effects myself, rather than just editing templates.

While attempting to manually create a menu row I have run into an odd problem and I haven't been able to figure out the cause.

When I preview or publish my page, one of my MouseOver objects is showing up in spite of not having been moused over. It is also changing it's dimensions to be longer than it should be.

The object next to has the correct dimensions, however it is pushed out of alignment - yet only if I mouseover from the right side of the object. If I come at it from the left it displays as it should.

The other five MouseOver objects show up as they should, displaying properly and resorting to their MouseOff state when not moused over. They were all created the same way (soft grouped, MouseOff given a web animation for fade - instant) so I can't figure out why these two would be acting up the ways they are.

I have attached an image showing what is occurring. Anyone have an ideas why it might be doing that?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	offset.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	128387  

Default Re: Image offset from MouseOver layer, but unsure why

Hi AEt and welcome to TalkGraphics.

I've seen this behaviour before and I believe it's down to two or more assets within a button having a link. Most times the link works as expected but just occasionally the mouse misses the underlying link (a rectangle) and hits the text as the link. This misaligns the button.

LINK
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Wow, that was an incredible reply Egg, thank you so much!

That absolutely makes sense to explain what is going on, and after tweaking with the links, sure enough that was throwing them off. I never would have thought of the solution with the high transparency rectangle links.

Very much appreciated That is one head scratcher dealt with.

Have yourself a great weekend!

Thanks AEt
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host