Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default New Selection Outline?

Seems a recent update has given me big chunky and what I would call "immature" outline to my selections.

The problem is, it obscures viewing the actual edge of the object I'm moving, making precise alignment difficult. As I say, I feel it obscures the view with this new chunky blue and white rope.

Any advice?

Cheers,

Chris

Default Re: New Selection Outline?

I 2nd that. I hate it and ask Xara to make it thinner and a lighter color. This is very immature design.

There are pluses and minuses. I agree the double border is clunky and obscures some edges I have to see in order to edit an object. But the smart handles are one of the pluses for me.

I've only had pro+ a few days but I agreee with gary's 'pluses and minuses'

in pro+ you can revert to the previous handles using a registry key see here [post #10]:

https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...436#post628436

but i do not know if that is available in the magix version[s]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    I 2nd that. I hate it and ask Xara to make it thinner and a lighter color. This is very immature design.
    I would prefer an option on the darkness. I use the light background and a lighter border would not help.

it would help if we had control over the transparency/colour as has been mentioned - maybe this will come
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Gary Dear, smart handles are fine but what does it have to do with that ant line being so thick.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    There are pluses and minuses. I agree the double border is clunky and obscures some edges I have to see in order to edit an object. But the smart handles are one of the pluses for me.

I think XARA appreciates your suggestions on changes you would like as well as changes they have made to improve them. Not sure this is the link to do that https://www.xara.com/us/contact-support/ , Gary please post the correct link if it is incorrect.