Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Navigation bar change not published

it is not appreciated by every one that the xara preview is not based on HTML; there is no HTML until it is published, and HTML cannot do everything you can do in the program
    Where do you get that from HD?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

sorry egg, so preview produces HTML, got my wires crossed there, thank you... - although the cases where what is previewed and what gets published, locally or at host are different in some respects, seems relatively common to me, it comes up a lot

still it's btw really... it's hard to fix an issue if you don't have a file to work on is it not...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

For Clarity

The XDA Preview option is fully HTML just badly handled by Xara still using Internet Explorer.
    In Pro+, the Export now goes directly to your default browser, which sorts out one problem but introduces others (for me).
    Xara still uses Internet Explorer in the XDA elsewhere so we have another fudge on our hands.

Browser caching is still a problem so I prefer a local Export and previewing in something like Fenix web server, installed locally.
    The simplest workaround is to restart the XDA but this is a chore and few will do so.

I offered Xara a solution to server caching a year back without any progress.

The Preview is generated by the Xara HTML Filter, which you can determine by right-clicking on the preview and picking View page source.

Acorn

P.S. Totally with handrawn about TG uploads of design files. This saves an average of 10 meandering Posts to get to a position of being able to help.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

thanks for the clarification acorn
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...