Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Navigation bar change not published

sorry egg, so preview produces HTML, got my wires crossed there, thank you... - although the cases where what is previewed and what gets published, locally or at host are different in some respects, seems relatively common to me, it comes up a lot

still it's btw really... it's hard to fix an issue if you don't have a file to work on is it not...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

For Clarity

The XDA Preview option is fully HTML just badly handled by Xara still using Internet Explorer.
    In Pro+, the Export now goes directly to your default browser, which sorts out one problem but introduces others (for me).
    Xara still uses Internet Explorer in the XDA elsewhere so we have another fudge on our hands.

Browser caching is still a problem so I prefer a local Export and previewing in something like Fenix web server, installed locally.
    The simplest workaround is to restart the XDA but this is a chore and few will do so.

I offered Xara a solution to server caching a year back without any progress.

The Preview is generated by the Xara HTML Filter, which you can determine by right-clicking on the preview and picking View page source.

Acorn

P.S. Totally with handrawn about TG uploads of design files. This saves an average of 10 meandering Posts to get to a position of being able to help.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

thanks for the clarification acorn
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong, but...

there are only two ways this could happen:

1] a cache problem, maybe even the hosting cache...

2} the issue is caused when the .WEB is converted to HTML - it is not appreciated by every one that the xara preview is not based on HTML; there is no HTML until it is published, and HTML cannot do everything you can do in the program

btw - have you tried viewing in other browsers?
    re 1: cache - rather unlikely, for I even asked a friend to open the site for the very first time. And my provider, nice enough, answered my question re hosting cache, too: n/a
    re 2: this is for sure beyond my skills and understanding; reads as if I can' t do anything myself, correct?
    re "btw": I tried "edge", "chrome", and "opera" - no success so far

Good point: I deleted a phrase and replaced it by a new one. This is not published either ....

e 2: this is for sure beyond my skills and understanding; reads as if I can' t do anything myself, correct?
    what I really meant is that you cannot use a xara program [XDA] to edit the HTML directly [what I actually said was technically incorrect as has been popinted out, sorry]

however, the really important thing. as acorn pointed out, is the need to see a design file or at least a link to a published site

is there a reason why you are unable to do this ?
    Nothing lasts forever...

If nothing is changed then you are publishing to a different area as a text change is usually immediate.
    Else it's server caching.

With no other details it's all a guess.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Are your FTP settings the same? Or have they changed?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Are your FTP settings the same? Or have they changed?
    FTP settings have/had not been changed.....

Eventually, I deleted the whole server settings/files and re-published my .xar file "as usual".
    The page is now as it is meant to be.

Tx to all who answered and helped (though partly beyond my knowledge)

it's good that you got it sorted... but...

you could have made a server backup and done that in the first place...

and now, since you have not found out what it was causing the problem you have missed an oportunity to learn... n'est-ce pas ?
    Nothing lasts forever...