Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Black Friday - any signs we might to buy the full HD version of Xara Designer Pro

that is not what I meant is it

xara are giving a lifetime discount of 50% to all existing non pro+ users, if they sign up to pro+ as encouragement to switch

they have no incentive to rush upgrades for the legacy [magix] programs, in fact, quite the opposite - the more sign up for pro+ the better for them, the more money they make... even with the discount
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: Black Friday - any signs we might to buy the full HD version of Xara Designer Pro

Oh goody I can not wait, I want now, yeah yeah happy days ....

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    What is HD?
    I was of course tempted to say 'Handrawn' but I resisted the temptation
    Nothing lasts forever...

I will slap you silly with my hand drawn

Nothing lasts forever...

If you look at this thread,

https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...vailable/page5

On post #45 and my reply on post #49, there is a registry entry for HD with no value set on XDP. I asked if someone could check XDP+ and see if they have a value set. XDP may have the support for HD but it is just not enabled?

Ray

I just replied
    Nothing lasts forever...

If you can wait another 4 or 5 MONTHS, I have it on good authority that "Designer Pro X hiDPI version is planned to be released aprox. in March 2021."
    Why ON EARTH they are making us wait until March next year, when self-evidently the HiDPI user interface has already been written is anybody's guess. GADS!

Meanwhile, I have been compelled to start using Affinity Designer, which has more sensible defaults and does a number of much more sensible things.
    e.g. A line with an arrow head terminates at the at the point of the arrow! And it's Corner Tool is a joy to behold.

However I have to say that it does have a bit of a learning curve and a pedantic feel to it.
    e.g. It seems to be impossible to rotate a group of shapes without rotating the entire Art Board.

Quote Originally Posted by shiphen View Post
    If you can wait another 4 or 5 MONTHS, I have it on good authority that "Designer Pro X hiDPI version is planned to be released aprox. in March 2021."
    Why ON EARTH they are making us wait until March next year, when self-evidently the HiDPI user interface has already been written is anybody's guess. GADS!
    that is good to know re march 21 planned release
    Nothing lasts forever...

I do not intend to buy 4k monitor. What is the hype about 4k?