Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Xara Designer Pro X 17.1.0.60486 - Issue with Video playback

Hi
    I'm hoping that somebody can help with an website issue I have with playing MP3 videos on a layer

So I have a website, need to do a Before and After videos to show the improvement made to sound proofing a hall
    I have 2 layers, "Before" and "After". I import the videos so they are cached into index_html_files. Then draw a rectangle to the size of the video, and in HTML Placement section I enter

<video class="xar_meplayer" src="index_htm_files/AcousticsBeforeMPS.mp4" controls width = "85%" height="85%"/>

I do the same on the second layer only pointing to the second video file.

On the Mouse Off page, I have two text links which points to Web Properties > Link > Pop-Up Layer and I select the Before layer and another link to the After Layer

If I click on the "Before" link, the video file pops up (it doesn't auto play by choice) I click on Play and video starts.
    If I exit out of the video before it finishes (by clicking on the video's upper X) the video stops and closes.

Here's the issue....If I click on the "After" link...the video pops up in the same way. BUT...if I close the video by clicking on the upper X, the video stops, pop-up closes......and the audio keeps on playing in the background! I have to open the video back up, pause it, then I can close it down

If i swap the video over so on the existing links, it does the same thing. One video opens and closes correctly, the other keeps playing on close. If I swap the text links over so the other layer is selected, I get the same issue. So its not down to differences in the videos. I even had the same video in both layers and still get the same issue.

I tried moving the video player into a different part of the website in case it makes a difference but it doesn't.

I tried
    <iframe src="https://my-domain.com/media/AcousticsBeforeMPS.mp4"
    width=100% height=100%
    scrolling=no
    frameborder=0
    marginheight=0 marginwidth=0>
    </iframe>

But that was just a disaster as it wanted to download it to play it!

I don't think I'm trying to do anything difficult but I'm obviously doing something wrong but surely it shouldn't be this difficult to play videos on pop out layers.

Any assistance appreciated and Thanks for your time

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro X 17.1.0.60486 - Issue with Video playback

Thread moved to Web Design Chat. I'm sure someone will have a suggestion and/or solution soon.

Try deleting the class="xar_meplayer" part.
    It may help.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Try deleting the class="xar_meplayer" part.
    It may help.

Acorn
    Hi Acorn

Thanks for the reply

I changed the HTML Placeholder to

<video src="index_htm_files/BeforeMPS.mp4" controls width = "85%" height="85%">

and <video src="index_htm_files/AfterMPS.mp4" controls width = "85%" height="85%">

And now they both keep playing the Audio in the background when the video is closed. Obviously if I pause it first and then close it, there's no audio but I can't expect visitors to do something "alien" like that.

Thanks again for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by AFreeSpirit67 View Post
    Hi Acorn

Thanks for the reply
    I changed the HTML Placeholder to
    <video src="index_htm_files/BeforeMPS.mp4" controls width = "85%" height="85%">
    and <video src="index_htm_files/AfterMPS.mp4" controls width = "85%" height="85%">

And now they both keep playing the Audio in the background when the video is closed. Obviously if I pause it first and then close it, there's no audio but I can't expect visitors to do something "alien" like that.
    Thanks again for the reply
    It was worth a try!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

The issue is you cannot easily override the browser's own controls when videos are deployed on popup layers. You could with a purpose-designed video player, but for a couple of videos that's a lot of hard work.

Here's an idea (borrowed from an Acorn concept) of a page within a placeholder: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/VideoPopup/

A 'video popup' really - works OK with Chrome & Edge, but I've yet to loose the scroll bars on Firefox.

It may be help?

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    The issue is you cannot easily override the browser's own controls
    just want to jump in here and say that is good from [this] user point of view

browser controls are there for a purpose
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yes, and all the browsers controls are still present in the video window- works exactly the same way. Please take a look at the demo link.

just not sure what you meant by 'get round'
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

poor choice of words maybe HD - you could have a purpose-designed in-built video player, but my preference has always been to use a browser's own controls