Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Default Re: Layers appear on preview but not when published

Quote Originally Posted by JFry View Post
    I think the problem folder is the one called index_htm_files but I can't work out how to change its name.
    No Jenny, the problem folder is not the index_htm_files folder.
    Do not rename or delete it at the moment.

Just publish your site to the correct location and tell us it's there and check it it works.

If not, we can work through making it so.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    No Jenny, the problem folder is not the index_htm_files folder.
    Do not rename or delete it at the moment.

Just publish your site to the correct location and tell us it's there and check it it works.

If not, we can work through making it so.

Acorn
    Published as originally but not working still.

Bug Re: Layers appear on preview but not when published

Published as originally but not working still.
    Thank you.

In http://www.wonershhistory.co.uk/sitemap.xml, I can see you re-published just before a quarter to two today.

I think you have enough to go to Xara now for support.

You have a working file.
    You have published successfully to a sub-folder:

Good luck.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you.

In http://www.wonershhistory.co.uk/sitemap.xml, I can see you re-published just before a quarter to two today.

You have a working file.

Good luck.

Acorn
    Thank you for your help everyone - really appreciate it. I’ll post if I get a solution.

good luck
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thank you.

You have a working file.

Good luck.

Acorn
    As suggested, I raised a ticket with Xara nearly two months ago and to be honest haven't got very far. Today's email from them says:

"Creating a new website and publishing it from our end, all works correctly though. Therefore my recommendation is to create a copy (backup) your current project - just to be on the safe side. Take the current website down (clear the FTP folder), create a new project and publish again."

I would appreciate it if someone could walk me through the above. I really don't mind if it is in baby talk - that's fine with me.

As suggested, I raised a ticket with Xara nearly two months ago and to be honest haven't got very far. Today's email from them says:

"Creating a new website and publishing it from our end, all works correctly though. Therefore my recommendation is to create a copy (backup) your current project - just to be on the safe side. Take the current website down (clear the FTP folder), create a new project and publish again."

I would appreciate it if someone could walk me through the above. I really don't mind if it is in baby talk - that's fine with me.
    Scrolling back to post #38 & #39, I suggested back then you might have to do something similar. From checking the live site, the issue is still related to Highslide and that has not changed. So yes you can republish the site, but it still has the same errors.

What I understand from the Xara suggestion is that you would:

1. Using an FTP program (or Xara's Explore Web Space), Copy the FOLDER into which you are publishing your site and rename it (your choice).

2. Then - DELETE all the files within the original FOLDER - This folder should then be empty

3. Republish your website to the original FOLDER.

4. Check that the site is correct (remembering to refresh Control F5 to clear the browser cache).

You have already published your site to another folder and it worked correctly and I did the same back then on my server.

If in any doubt, I would provide a picture of your Xara folder structure.

Gary

Is this what you mean by a picture of my Xara folder structure Gary?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Control panel.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	128658  

I would have thought you should be able to rename the Directory/Folder "index_htm_files" (say) "old_site", create a new directory"index_htm_files" and then republish as normal. Whether this actually solves the problem, I can't tell.

I am not familiar though with Xara's hosting. Acorn is the expert here.

@Acorn: I think this is effectively what Xara has suggested, but I don't know what lurks under the covers of Xara's hosting.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    I would have thought you should be able to rename the Directory/Folder "index_htm_files" (say) "old_site", create a new directory"index_htm_files" and then republish as normal. Whether this actually solves the problem, I can't tell.

I am not familiar though with Xara's hosting. Acorn is the expert here.

@Acorn: I think this is effectively what Xara has suggested, but I have don't know what lurks under the covers of Xara's hosting.

Gary
    Okay, sounds as if you are suggesting I wait for any comment from Acorn. If he agrees this is the way to go, should I republish with 'Fast Publish (only changed files)' ticked?