Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Layers appear on preview but not when published

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    Afternoon Egg,

Not quite there yet - the three pages were just the sample from the main website http://www.wonershhistory.co.uk/. Acorn identified the problem yesterday back in the thread as related to HighSlide (which you can see when you inspect the doc).

My thoughts to get the whole site working as expected would be to save a copy of the doc (under a different name), delete the offending pages where the HighSlide popup is being used (that is the 3 pages in the sample), copy and paste the new pages from the reworked sample doc, make sure all the links work, retest and publish assuming all OK.

Gary
    Yes, well ... When you say 'save a copy of the doc' do you mean take a copy of the design file? That I can do! I'm falling down on the 'new pages from the reworked sample doc' though.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Yes, you and Gary can both join (£10pa each normally but I'll write that off). You will, however, have to attend regular meetings at the village hall.

Thank you Jenny
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by JFry View Post
    Yes, well ... When you say 'save a copy of the doc' do you mean take a copy of the design file? That I can do! I'm falling down on the 'new pages from the reworked sample doc' though.
    1. I may cross-post with Egg here, but save a copy of your design file .web or .xar (with a different name).

2. Save the design file I provided earlier in this post and confirm it works as expected (that is just the three pages) -it should look like this: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/ztest/index.htm - Please confirm.

3. If (2) works, delete the index page, and the other two pages in your new design file.

4. Open the sample design file I provided, copy each page and paste into your new design file.

5. Check/re-attach the replaced pages in the NavBar

If (2) fails, we have a different issue to resolve.

Gary

1. I may cross-post with Egg here, but save a copy of your design file .web or .xar (with a different name).

2. Save the design file I provided earlier in this post and confirm it works as expected (that is just the three pages) -it should look like this: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/ztest/index.htm - Please confirm.

3. If (2) works, delete the index page, and the other two pages in your new design file.

4. Open the sample design file I provided, copy each page and paste into your new design file.

5. Check/re-attach the replaced pages in the NavBar

If (2) fails, we have a different issue to resolve.

Gary
    I opened your xar file and previewed the pages which were fine. I deleted my broken pages and copied/pasted yours which, as always seems to be the case, previewd as expected. I published and sadly ....

Do you have any more ideas?

OK so this time I am assuming the new (updated site) previewed as expected, which it did not on your original example posted here.

If true, can you try publishing to a separate/different folder on your server and let us see the results from that URL. I am assuming too you have cleared your browser history / used Control F5 to refresh the site? And that you are not using Cloudflare?

I'm around later this afternoon - the issue is fixable, just a process of elimination.

OK so this time I am assuming the new (updated site) previewed as expected, which it did not on your original example posted here.

If true, can you try publishing to a separate/different folder on your server and let us see the results from that URL. I am assuming too you have cleared your browser history / used Control F5 to refresh the site? And that you are not using Cloudflare?

I'm around later this afternoon - the issue is fixable, just a process of elimination.
    That worked!! http://wonershhistory.co.uk/Popups/index.htm

By the way, yes I did clear the cache and no I don't use Cloudflare.

OK - now we know your copy of Xara is working as expected, and you can correctly publish to your server. Leave that site uploaded for now.

1. Next: if you have an FTP program or Xara's hosting allows, you should be able to access the original problematic folder on Xara's server - if true, rename that folder (say) xxxxold and create a new folder with the original name.

2. From your working (updated) design file (same one you published to the popups folder) try publishing your updated site to your newly created folder.

I don't use Xara's hosting so I'm not sure what is possible or not, but I would be optimistic this will work.

OK - now we know your copy of Xara is working as expected, and you can correctly publish to your server. Leave that site uploaded for now.

1. Next: if you have an FTP program or Xara's hosting allows, you should be able to access the original problematic folder on Xara's server - if true, rename that folder (say) xxxxold and create a new folder with the original name.

2. From your working (updated) design file (same one you published to the popups folder) try publishing your updated site to your newly created folder.

I don't use Xara's hosting so I'm not sure what is possible or not, but I would be optimistic this will work.
    I think the problem folder is the one called index_htm_files but I can't work out how to change its name.

Those files along with your pages.htm will be in a directory, one level up. e.g. in my case 'whitehart'

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Directory.PNG 
Views:	45 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	128342

Without seeing the structure of Xara's hosting, I cannot see what else, if anything, sits in sub-directories below.

Having achieved a working site: http://wonershhistory.co.uk/Popups/v...evelopment.htm, it might be best to wait for Acorn or Egg who use Xara's hosting to advise.

@Acorn / @Egg - status is site working correctly now, but I am not familiar with Xara's hosting/directory structure.