Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Layers appear on preview but not when published

Quote Originally Posted by JFry View Post
    Thank you. Having given up on the layered page my problem now is just down to pop up photographs popping out rather than up!! Strangely the street maps do work correctly, it's just the village development maps and photo on the home page.
    Check this version out.

1. Cut the offending maps from the page, placed them into a new doc, applied the image popup, copied and pasted them back to your doc.

2. Ungroup your homepage photo and text line, add the text into the popup title and set the option to display popup title.

Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Initiostar; 18 November 2020 at 10:16 AM.

Please Delete
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    Check this version out.

1. Cut the offending maps from the page, placed them into a new doc, applied the image popup, copied and pasted them back to your doc.

2. Ungroup your homepage photo and text line, add the text into the popup title and set the option to display popup title.

Gary
    I have tried your suggestion but still not working. The images when hovered over show a finger rather than a +magnifying glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Please Delete
    Assume you mean delete the text box so I have done that. Notice the street maps are not working correctly now either.
    Last edited by JFry; 18 November 2020 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Added re street maps

I think egg may have meant he posted in error and the post could be deleted, but I may be wrong
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by JFry View Post
    I have tried your suggestion but still not working. The images when hovered over show a finger rather than a +magnifying glass.
    OK let's see if this is what you are expecting to happen: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/ztest/index.htm

You can download the XAR doc in my post and check that it works with your Xara.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    OK let's see if this is what you are expecting to happen: https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/ztest/index.htm
    You can download the XAR doc in my post and check that it works with your Xara.
    Gary
    Gary, should ought to be made a Honorary Member of the Wonersh History Society.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Yes, HD was correct, I posted something incorrectly so I just wanted to a Mod to delete the post.

So you know your website works so it's either something you're doing incorrectly in the publish department or it's Magix hosting.

Just tried it on my Magix hosting and it publishes fine:
    http://eggbram.xara.hosting/wornersh...evelopment.htm
    Egg

Afternoon Egg,

Not quite there yet - the three pages were just the sample from the main website http://www.wonershhistory.co.uk/. Acorn identified the problem yesterday back in the thread as related to HighSlide (which you can see when you inspect the doc).

My thoughts to get the whole site working as expected would be to save a copy of the doc (under a different name), delete the offending pages where the HighSlide popup is being used (that is the 3 pages in the sample), copy and paste the new pages from the reworked sample doc, make sure all the links work, retest and publish assuming all OK.

Gary