Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Layers appear on preview but not when published

Didn’t see you there! I’ll do that.

Above post for Egg!

Quote Originally Posted by JFry View Post
    Sorry, I’m afraid I don’t understand the difference between what I did and what you wanted. Annoying I know!
    I exported locally twice, once as administrator and also published. Each time the pages were there.
    Not a problem. I know he pages will export and publish.

I needed you to go into the Export folder and open out the index_htm_files folder and in that are your pages' assets (images, styles, fonts, code).
    We seem to be missing the following: highslide.js, roe.js, MobileFonts.js & ani.css.

That's what I'm looking into.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

The site must be fixed because it works for me.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Not a problem. I know he pages will export and publish.

I needed you to go into the Export folder and open out the index_htm_files folder and in that are your pages' assets (images, styles, fonts, code).
    We seem to be missing the following: highslide.js, roe.js, MobileFonts.js & ani.css.

That's what I'm looking into.

Acorn
    I ignored the export options for JPEG and PNG and chose 'Export'. I ended up with a file of what appear to be text boxes. I'm going to upload an extracted .xar file now.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi JFry I think to chase down your issue it would be best to attach a .xar file here. There's no need for the whole site. Just make a copy of your site and delete all pages apart from village-development page. Then attach it here.
    I have tried to copy and paste the reduced .xar file but it does seem to work. Is there a special way to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    The site must be fixed because it works for me.
    You're lucky - not for me!

Quote Originally Posted by JFry View Post
    I have tried to copy and paste the reduced .xar file but it does seem to work. Is there a special way to do it?
    there is a 'go advanced' button on the bottom right of the reply window that you are typing in - click this - then scroll down and click 'manage attachments' - then use the 'add files' button to select your XAR file and upload it to the forum as an attachment [there is a 10MB file size limit]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    there is a 'go advanced' button on the bottom right of the reply window that you are typing in - click this - then scroll down and click 'manage attachments' - then use the 'add files' button to select your XAR file and upload it to the forum as an attachment [there is a 10MB file size limit]
    Thank you. Having given up on the layered page my problem now is just down to pop up photographs popping out rather than up!! Strangely the street maps do work correctly, it's just the village development maps and photo on the home page.
    Attached Files Attached Files

no problem - hopefully egg/acorn or one of the other web oriented members will pick it up shortly
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...