Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Missing information on new handles.

On the old selection handles there were 8 'nodes' and a 9th node that indicated the start end point of a line (not sure which) which was great locating an unclosed line not a shape making it easy to close the line to a shape. With the new handles this is no longer shown. Okay, I know you can select Home or End to select either end an close it but I prefer the option of displaying the 9th node which is very important on a complex shape.

I don't see any added value to these new node handles, just loss of functions.

Neither can I see any value of the strange 'set origin' positions. I'm well capable of selecting multiple objects and giving them a common centre of origin.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	128325  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Missing information on new handles.

Still works for me Egg. Select the shape with the Selector Tool, switch to the Shape Tool, press Tab and the start end points are highlighted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Start at the End.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	128326  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Still works for me Egg. Select the shape with the Selector Tool, switch to the Shape Tool, press Tab and the start end points are highlighted.
    Gary, Egg's ninth node is always there as a marker, without a Tab selection, on earlier versions.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

one more mouse only operation bites the dust... ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

by which I mean without keyboard..
    Nothing lasts forever...

I really appreciated the irony of the positive slant Xara Marketing has taken:

Better handle selection (11 November 2020)
    We continued our work on new handles for our tools. To ease the workflow for QuickShapes we drastically reduced the numbers of shown handles, which perform the same function. They will cleverly show at the right zoom level.

We also updated the appearance of our vector nodes. We kept the squares to differentiate them from other handles but adapted their style regarding color and size to make them fit our new Selection UI. Users will experience them when working with the Shape tool, Straight line tool or Freehand & brush tool.
    They get in the way.
    They are too thick.
    They can be hard to see.
    They have killed any contrast between selected, unselected and curve handles.
    Curve handles can be mistaken for control handles where the touch the line.
    Everything blends into the same morass as it is hard to identify which Tool is actually selected.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

marketing are paid to take a postive slant on them, rather than actually use them...

They will cleverly show at the right zoom level.
    what exactly does this mean.. what is 'the right zoom level' other than what the user wants to zoom to.. what happens if you want to use them at the 'wrong zoom level'
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    marketing are paid to take a postive slant on them, rather than actually use them...
    what exactly does this mean.. what is 'the right zoom level' other than what the user wants to zoom to.. what happens if you want to use them at the 'wrong zoom level'
    When first created, on smaller zooms they totally hid the selected object so sizing and position was impossible. Below a certain zoom now the control box no longer scales down. Not much better.

Acorn

I seem to recal there was a registry key to revert to the old handles - is this still the case ?

if I try pro+ I think I would want the handles to stay 'unfixed' as as far as i am concerned they 'aint broken...
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I seem to recal there was a registry key to revert to the old handles - is this still the case ?
    if I try pro+ I think I would want the handles to stay 'unfixed' as as far as i am concerned they 'aint broken...
    I've not tried it but it is here; https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...436#post628436.

Acorn