Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: PNG HELP!

Hybrid View

Question PNG HELP!

https://steampunkdelta8.com

look at the big cogwheel with the site name on top

That was and still is inserted in Pro v17 of Xara Web Designer as a PNG

Any idea when I upload the site it has a weird square background on it now that kinda matches the background but obviously looks totally wack!!! That background square behind the site logo/name is NOT seen in the program only shows when uploading the site

How can I make it so the PNG that I spent a long time removing the background from what was a JPG file, actually shows as a PNG online and goes OVER the existing background without creating a 2nd background to go over the existing background?

How frustrating.

(Best viewed on a desktop to see my issue better)

Default Re: PNG HELP!

the file on your published site is a JPG, not a PNG, so there is a background to it

that is really all I can say... if you inserted it as PNG then it must have been converted to JPG when publishing

I understand there are various ways that this can happen, such as having it grouped with something, but i do not build websites myself so cannot be more specific

nothing in a xara file is HTML; HTML is only generated on publishing; that may explain why it only appears when you publish
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

the weird thing is I noticed on the pricing page it looks fine, but it's a repeating object so IDK why on the index and about us doesn't look ok?

weird...................

yes, on the pricing page it ia a PNG

sorry, I cannot analyse your HTML, like I said I am not a webmaster... [just a user ] but hopefully someone will be along who can
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    yes, on the pricing page it ia a PNG

sorry, I cannot analyze your HTML, like I said I am not a webmaster... [just a user ] but hopefully, someone will be along who can
    I Inserted it on the HOME (index) page as a png and did repeat object. I will just wait for egg and them to see what their brains think - there is something going on here prolly a simple option or setting or such. I tried playing around with it and even deleting and reinserting it to no avail.

Thx for the help tho

you are welcome it's probably something simple when you know how, it always is...
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by drtechnology View Post
    https://steampunkdelta8.com

look at the big cogwheel with the site name on top

That was and still is inserted in Pro v17 of Xara Web Designer as a PNG

Any idea when I upload the site it has a weird square background on it now that kinda matches the background but obviously looks totally wack!!! That background square behind the site logo/name is NOT seen in the program only shows when uploading the site

How can I make it so the PNG that I spent a long time removing the background from what was a JPG file, actually shows as a PNG online and goes OVER the existing background without creating a 2nd background to go over the existing background?

How frustrating.

(Best viewed on a desktop to see my issue better)
    Right click the image, choose "web properties" from the pop-up menu, click the "image" tab, select "PNG(Best for graphics) option, click OK... that should sort it.