Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 17.1.0.60486 - scale using info bar broken?

Hi all,

I have just updated to the latest Photo & Graphic Designer 17.1.0.60486 - and now scaling using the infobar appears broken.

Previously, I just entered a percentage value and the object would resize accordingly.

Now - I enter a value and the object does not resize - instead it changes position on the screen. This is very frustrating and makes this update unusable for me.

I have tried toggling the scale line widths button but this does not change the result.

Any help appreciated, very disappointed in this latest release to offer great new functionality and break something fundamental (at least as it appears to me).

Jason.

Default Re: Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 17.1.0.60486 - scale using info bar broken?

HI Jason. I'm failing to reproduce this. Entering a value within the scale width of height fields continues to work for me, the selected object is scaled. The position changes if i enter a value within the X or Y coordinate fields.

Default Re: Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 17.1.0.60486 - scale using info bar broken?

Further to bb2's comments it may be that the objects origin is outside the object, which does create a movement of the object although it is also resized correctly. Ensure you have the objects origin set to centre.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

The new Centre of Rotation (CoR) approach doesn't affect the scaling in XDPX.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I just did a test.

I created an object and then moved its origin of rotation to a position outside the object.

Scaling the object with the mouse using the bottom right corner blob does not result in the object being moved.

Scaling the object by entering values directly in the inforbar W and H fields does result in the object being moved.

This is on Xara Designer Pro X 17.1.0.60486 DL x64 Oct 29 2020

Info Re: Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 17.1.0.60486 - scale using info bar broken?

Quote Originally Posted by Promidi View Post
    I just did a test.
    I created an object and then moved its origin of rotation to a position outside the object.
    1. Scaling the object with the mouse using the bottom right corner blob does not result in the object being moved.
    2. Scaling the object by entering values directly in the inforbar W and H fields does result in the object being moved.

This is on Xara Designer Pro X 17.1.0.60486 DL x64 Oct 29 2020
    Promid, this is comparing chalk & cheese.

1. A Drag (Ctrl+Drag & Alt+Drag) of a corner has always fixed the opposite corner point as the lock position.
    1. If you hold Shift+Drag, the lock position is the centre of the object. Without the CoR showing, this is also the default Scaling result.
    2. Again, this has always been the case.
    It does not develop the solution to the OP's lack of scaling.
    The OP needs to offer up an example file.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I actually think this is intentional.

The "Rotation Centre" is used for more than just rotation transforms.

When the skew and scale as well as rotate parameters are entered manually via the infobar, the transform occurs about the "Rotation Centre". The horizontal and vertical flip buttons also uses the "Rotation Centre" as the flip axis.

Yep, the same here XDP+.

Notice this - it's very anying. Seems that for all existing .xar files the CoR is way off!! So if I'm modifiying an existing drawing I have to constanly select the centre CoR before resizing. flipping etc. CoR should default to centre unless preciously set!! :-(

Ahh - just read the subpost above and see if you double click it re-centres. :-)