I design & create medieval card stock models in 1:87 scale. I've been using Affinity products, but want to switch to Xara. I normally use 2" high graphics at assorted widths to simulate walls. In Xara, when I import a picture of stone (for example) and then resize it to 2" high, the entire picture resizes, including the outline. I need just the picture to resize (not the borders of the photo), because the scale of the stone has to look realistic for its size.
In the Affinity software, first I create an outlined rectangle the size I want. Then I load a photo or texture into the rectangle. At that point I can now resize the photo/texture to the scale I want inside the rectangle without affecting the size of the rectangle itself. But in Xara Designer Pro, the different options to resize affect both the photo and the rectangle. Even that control near the upper-right corner of the rectangle only works to resize larger, not smaller (like I need). And of course, the handles on the top/bottom/left/right sides of the rectangle simply crop the photo.
If I cannot overcome this problem, then my use of Xara DP will not go beyond the trial date. I would appreciate any help that can be offered.