Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Bug default web browser in latest update not working

Here is the link, stated on bottom of the screen.

https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...e-20-5-0-60603

I still get internet explorer preview, despite my systems default being chrome.

So am I getting second hand service because I am still with Magix? Is this and God knows what else I am missing from the update?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.png 
Views:	57 
Size:	3.8 KB 
ID:	128283   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	128284  

Default Re: default web browser in latest update not working

The new features, improvements, fixes etc. can be rolled out at any time for Pro+; it's one of the selling points of Pro+. Those on the Magix update service receive the timed releases.

Sorry behzad, Eva quite clear states the Update is for XPro+ not XDPX17v.1.
    We have already discussed what Xara is doing and what Magix is not.

There was a Xara XDPX Release on 28 Oct and a Patch the following day. This got delivered just short of a fortnight later by Magix, which by its past performance is blindingly fast.
    Xara does not have to worry about this Magix lag where Magix adds its hooks into the application, handles the marketing and purchasing drivel. Xara can therefore be more flexible in its Releases to XPro+ and XCloud(+).
    Xara and Magix have a very prescriptive arrangement for updates and XDPX/XWD(P) users are certainly getting the short straw right now. I see little prospect of change.

I have both the XDPX Magix Update Service and the XPro+/XCloud+ bundle Xara Subscription. I keep both as I have clients with XDA MUS who will maintain after any delivery

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Ok thanks for the explanation. So just point me to the place on this forum/site that I can be informed and know what is related to XDPX17v.1 please. Cause overnight I feel out of place and lost. What a punch in the stomach Xara gave to people like me , wow

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Ok thanks for the explanation. So just point me to the place on this forum/site that I can be informed and know what is related to XDPX17v.1 please. Cause overnight I feel out of place and lost. What a punch in the stomach Xara gave to people like me , wow
    Magix offers a 'New Features' section on their website for each product when it is released so you should always check there. Here is the link for WD Premium. https://www.magix.com/us/web/xara-we...ures/#c1207083

Also, there was another Xara Designer Pro+ release on Wednesday (Xara Cloud too) that included the direct open to the default browser. https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...e-20-5-0-60603

Our lifetime 50% discount (and the opportunity for credit on an active update service) for all existing desktop owners to move over to Pro+ is a big hug, not a punch. Reach us through the chat at www.xara.com or send us an email https://www.xara.com/contact-us/

Happy creating,
    Matt

the sort of hug that never lets go...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

@Matt can you please give me a list of what is omitted in Designer Pro X V.17.1