Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Unexpected behavior with circles

I was looking at the new Shape Tool control handles. (I would still love to be able to select any of the end points and move them with the arrow keys), and I used a circle converted to curves.

I would expect the four control points to be Smooth Joins. But they are Cusp Joins.

I select the four control points then select Smooth Join and the result was a lopsided circle.

Not of any particular value. Just interesting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Odd Joins.png 
Views:	94 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	128278  

Thumbs down Re: Unexpected behavior with circles

Gary, it has always been like this.
    A smooth cubic Bézier Curve between two points cannot replicate a circle's curve so Xara has tweaked the curve with Cusp joins: https://www.codesd.com/item/draw-2-b...-a-circle.html.

I was going to raise an issue with the new Shape Tool Selection UI.
    The controls now become almost invisible if the Background colour is Grey in the range #d2d2d2 to #ebebeb!

Your dark circle and friend equally could throw you off if the controls were on top of the shape (their colour is #787878) and a lighter Grey.

It is the Dark UI all over again.
    Xara repeatedly, repeatedly, misses the mark on colour contrast for those with visual impairment.

Yes, I can see them but I ought not to ever have to strain.
    Yes I can switch to Outline mode and work with that (its colour setting is #606468) so workable.
    I think the original Red control was at least visible.

I would expect a modern UI to have the means to adjust the control colours.
    I already can in for Guides (all of one colour - thanks).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Unexpected behavior with circles

I think this has always been an issue on a 50% black background.